“Quality Food”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Happy hour food was very good. Chicken wings and fried shrimp. Lunch was wonderful as well. The only complain would be the price of a coke. $2.50 for a small to go cup.

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to leave some nice feed back for the Station. Our happy hour specials have been a really hit for our guests and we will continue to keep it up. We apreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon. Ask for me so I can give you a refill on that Coke! Thanks again. Brian Pack

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Station and dined in their restaurant - both of which were great experiences. There are intriguing little shops as well

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Cecile,

Thanks for the great review. We work hard as a family to keep our business up to our standards and reviews such as yours makes it all worth while. I will pass this along to our shop owners as well.

Thanks again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room was dated and there was food on the floor. The overall service was ok but I wouldn't recommend going there

2  Thank Kristina S

Hi Kristina,

I am sorry to hear you wouldn't recomend our restaurant. As one of the owners I was very concerned to hear so. We are modeled after an old Carolinia Style Coast Gaurd Station dated from the turn of the century. I am assuming it is the dated look you are refering to. I would like the opportunity to hear more on constructive ways we can improve our business if you would like to give me a call.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had the broiled seafood platter. Simply done but very tasty. If you want seafood I would definitely go there. Especially if you are staying at the hotel.

1  Thank Motzof4

Thanks for the great review. I will share this review with my staff and we will continue to work hard to keep Smithfield Station up to your standards.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had a terrific time here for lunch and drinks with friends. They seated us at a large window in the bar section (we asked for that room) overlooking a small boardwalk and serene marsh/Pagan river view. Not much on tap; Bud Light, Mich Ultra -- the only "exotic" beer offered was Shock Top. The woman working the bar and taking care of us was patient, friendly and attentive. Took her recommendation on the Blackend Shrip Ceaser Salad and it was delicious. Have also had their fish/chips on other visits. The food prices seem high for Smithfield, but the mood is just right for a long Saturday/Sunday afternoon in this historic little town.

1  Thank WBurgJoe

Thanks for the fantastic review. I am bringing in Blue Moon on tap this week and I also have a Lengend Porter on tap from Richmond. I can't wait for the day when our market can support a healthy selection of on tap local brews!!!