“Beautiful view, nice people, great bar”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed for 1 night in the "Poolside Lodge"- a 1 room house facing the water with a gas fireplace, sitting area, kitchenette, queen size bed, and a large bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Outside a little porch with 2 adirondack chairs and a table facing the marina- great for having a cocktail and playing cards. In our room was chocolate covered strawberries & a bottle of champagne (part of a groupon deal)- YUM.
First, we drove to (about a mile away?) and walked around the shops downtown- great little antique shops and a few shops for unique gifts. We came back for a 5:30 reservation at the hotel restaurant and sat outside and ordered the ham croquettes and lobster special ($19!)- full lobster, green beans, and your choice of potato. Server was friendly and attentive, dinner was great. We went to the bar later on in the evening for a key lime martini- it was very clear this bar was not just hotel guests, but many regulars as well- the bartenders knew people by name.

The next morning we went to breakfast at Smithfield Gourmet Bakery and Cafe- I'll put up a review for them too, they were great. After breakfast we took a stroll through Windsor Castle Park- very pretty and RIGHT across the street from Smithfield Station. WIsh I had brought my tennis shoes- great place for a long hike or a quick run! Unfortunately, the shops at Smithfield station don't open till 11, so we didn't get to visit any of them before we left (even the bakery on the property didn't open till 11!), but I hope to visit them next time, they looked cute.
All in all, a great stay. Not much to do at night if you aren't interested in the bar (and even that closes at 10 or 11), so bring some games! Wonderful stay- Thank you Smithfield Inn!!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was very impressed with the restaurant ambience and service. The first night our server Danielle stood by our outdoor table and repeatedly lit our "bug light" candles as the breeze blew them out. Eventually, as sunset approached, the knats got overwhelming and we were forced to move inside. Danielle handled the transition flawlessly. The steamed shrimp and clams were very good.

The second night we had a prize fixe dinner. The waitress was competent. The crab cake I had left something to be desired. Advertised as full of crab "with only enough breading to keep it together" was 80% breading. It was ok, not great. The desserts offered, a bread pudding with bourbon sauce and a hot fudge ice cream and pound cake concoction were very good.
They offer a very good "continental" breakfast for guests including eggs and bacon cooked to order and waffles. A very nice touch and the hostess was very nice.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I made the drive over from Williamsburg, as we had driven through this town before and wanted to explore it further. The location is great right on the water. I had the wedge salad and the Maine lobster special for $19 every Friday night and my husband had the spring rolls and the lobster lasagna. Mine was just perfect! The salad was delicious and. and the main course was really some of the best lobster I've had in my life - although being from the west coast I usually have Baja lobster. I now understand why people say East Coast lobster is so much better!!! It was wonderful and made me want to go back every Friday night! My husband liked his spring rolls and lasagna too, but he said he would have got the special next time because the lobster was so fresh and good. We liked the spring rolls, didn't think they were really anything special, but they were good.

Our service was great. Not a complaint there. Especially for how busy she was, she did a great job. We were there at 5:30 on a Friday night and sat in the bar area so we could get a seat with a view. We both want to take out of town visitors there as it was such a cool experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I were staying at the Smithfield Station and made reservations for dinner in the restaurant. This was our anniversary dinner and we were excited about eating there. I ordered the broiled seafood platter and my wife ordered the lobster crab lasagna roll. We had a fairly long wait for our meal which surprised me considering the restaurant was really not busy. When the food arrived it looked excellent. My meal was well prepared and what I had expected to receive. When my wife took her first bite she discovered that her meal was cold inside. I suggested we send it back, but she refused. When she started to eat her second bite she discovered an uncooked shrimp. It took several minutes to get the attention of our waitress to send the meal back. The waitress was apologetic and returned a few moments later to let us know that the “big boss” was there and “he is going to make this right.” I am still trying to figure out how they made it right. I went ahead and ate my dinner so that it would not get cold. After more than 15 minutes, my wife received her meal and I sat and watched her eat. We assumed that by “making it right” we would maybe receive a discount on the cost of the meal, or a complimentary dessert, or at a minimum the “big boss” would stop in to check that the new meal was satisfactory. None of these things occurred. I guess making it right was just cooking the meal as it should have been prepared originally. My dinner was average and my wife’s, once properly cooked, was a bit above average. Unfortunately the poor service overshadowed the nice atmosphere, the view, and a meal we should have enjoyed.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

A cozy restaurant sit above the marina on a tidal river. Good food and service; tastefully decorated. Ajascent shops are a little hokey, but fun to visit.