“Warm and inviting place for eggs-over-easy”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Warm and inviting place for eggs-over-easy”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love breakfast and felt welcomed and happy to be eating in this establishment. Service was quick and breakfast was great on this cold morning.

Visited December 2013

Tyro, Virginia
“This is -the best - breakfast choice for the Smithfield and Windsor areas.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great atmosphere. Great staff. Great owners. Oh, and great food. I normally just go for breakfast once a week for the past couple of years.

• Visited December 2013
Windsor
“EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've known the owner for years! Every time I go, I always order my favorite, the steak sandwich. DELISH! Cooked to perfection! And the fries are perfect! EXCELLENT PRICES!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lisa C
Smithfield, VA
“Lacking Wine, otherwise a decent place to eat.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The other night the wine queen and I stopped by the Main Street for dinner. Hadn't been there in quite a while because they do not serve alcohol. Both of us had a bowl of chicken and rice soup followed by a small greek salad.

There was not as much chicken in the soup as I recall, but it was still good. The small greek salad was by no means small. I thought that the waitress had brought us the large by mistake. It was a good salad. The dressing flavor was very strong (vinegary), but also good, however. No problem for me! I just did not have to ask for an extra container of it to get full flavor ... so my diet wins!

The above selections were quite inexpensive for a dinner. We rarely eat that way. But it made sense for once. Other selections on the dinner menu looked appealing, and our past experience found that to be the case.

The Main Street would not get a better rating if it had wine and beer on the menu. And I appreciate their not having enough space in the place to add that facet to the menu. But it would help their cause if they could find a way to do it.

By the way, the server was very good, and the service very fast ... light crowd. The hostess is very pleasant and friendly. The staff more than makes up for the lack of ambiance.

The Main Street serves dinner Wednesday thru Saturday nights ... and serves breakfast and lunch 7 days a week.

• Visited June 2013
Chester, Virginia
“Instead of going to Surry, Go Main Street Restaurant in Smithfield”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

On a recent day trip sightseeing in the Surry and Isle of Wright area, my wife and I decided to visit Smithfield instead of eating in Surry as we usually do. We were so pleased to happen upon the Main Street Restaurant in Smithfield, VA. Prices were easy on the budget and the food was great. Service was excellent. Waitstaff treated us like a regular. The customers were mostly locals, so we knew we were at the right place. Large selection on the menu. Burger and fries are tops as are the steaks. The Chicken sandwich was one of the best I have ever had. We will be back when in the area.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank 1beach-nut

Been to Main Street Restaurant? Share your experiences!