“Lacking Wine, otherwise a decent place to eat.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Main Street Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 35 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The other night the wine queen and I stopped by the Main Street for dinner. Hadn't been there in quite a while because they do not serve alcohol. Both of us had a bowl of chicken and rice soup followed by a small greek salad.

There was not as much chicken in the soup as I recall, but it was still good. The small greek salad was by no means small. I thought that the waitress had brought us the large by mistake. It was a good salad. The dressing flavor was very strong (vinegary), but also good, however. No problem for me! I just did not have to ask for an extra container of it to get full flavor ... so my diet wins!

The above selections were quite inexpensive for a dinner. We rarely eat that way. But it made sense for once. Other selections on the dinner menu looked appealing, and our past experience found that to be the case.

The Main Street would not get a better rating if it had wine and beer on the menu. And I appreciate their not having enough space in the place to add that facet to the menu. But it would help their cause if they could find a way to do it.

By the way, the server was very good, and the service very fast ... light crowd. The hostess is very pleasant and friendly. The staff more than makes up for the lack of ambiance.

The Main Street serves dinner Wednesday thru Saturday nights ... and serves breakfast and lunch 7 days a week.

There are newer reviews for Main Street Restaurant

Reviewed April 18, 2013

On a recent day trip sightseeing in the Surry and Isle of Wright area, my wife and I decided to visit Smithfield instead of eating in Surry as we usually do. We were so pleased to happen upon the Main Street Restaurant in Smithfield, VA. Prices were easy on the budget and the food was great. Service was excellent. Waitstaff treated us like a regular. The customers were mostly locals, so we knew we were at the right place. Large selection on the menu. Burger and fries are tops as are the steaks. The Chicken sandwich was one of the best I have ever had. We will be back when in the area.

3  Thank 1beach-nut