“Good place for Breakfast”

Taste of Smithfield
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed breakfast here on a recent week-day. The restaurant is very clean, attractive and comfortable. The service was a little slow but the food was good and reasonably priced with generous portions. The cheese grits were delicious, coffee was good. Really liked the thick sliced toast but the jelly could have been better. Will definitely return.

1  Thank VAGanna

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I went to Taste of Smithfield with my church group. It was a delightful experience. I had the very tasty chicken salad sandwich with a side of baked beans. The baked beans were wonderful. The staff was very accommodating to our large group. Our server was patient with the more challenging members in our group and saw to provide us with great service and food. We will go again , I'm sure!

1  Thank TraceyOs4
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great place to have lunch because the food is so good, the staff is friendly, and the "market" sells all things pork and peanuts - which make great snacks or gifts! Highly recommended!

1  Thank CaptainCabinets
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The focus is on Smithfield products, primarily peanuts and ham. The sandwiches are very good, and there is a variety of local products, mostly, but not exclusively, food. It's right in the middle of Smithfield's downtown, with great little shops on all sides. It was recommended to me by a local, and they were certainly right!

1  Thank WayneS199
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had the opportunity to take both wives (former and present) out to lunch after a visit. Had heard of Taste of Smithfield and wanted to try it. Mainly had heard of their burgers (I don't normally prefer burgers in restaurants). What caught my eye was the pork tenderloin sandwich on a rosemary ciabatta. Since this is the home of Smithfield Foods (biggest pork packers in the world) and I could see a case of high end pork shanks for sale inside, this seemed a safe bet. Flavor was a 10 and texture was wonderful. No grease dripping down my arm. Broccoli salad side was the real treat. Nice change from coleslaw.

Outside cafe tables were a nice idea, but the flies spoiled it. After being seated, the wait staff lost track of us and I had to go back inside and track a manager down. No problems or complaints after that misstep. Was impressed to see the number of choices that carried an icon for healthy diets.

Will put this very popular and busy establishment on the top of my list for further exploration.

1  Thank Gilbert F