“Coffee & Nuts”

Taste of Smithfield
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My parents recently moved to Smithfield, and the first thing they wanted to show me was the local vibe in downtown (I am from CT). We went to Taste of Smithfield for a coffee. The weather was gorgeous (being December and all) so we sat outside on their terrace and had coffee. They have a WIDE assortment of nuts in the store area so we purchased several cans to snack on as well. The vast selection was nice because we all like different things -and the coffee was delicious. My parents said they had the waitress before - she was quick with the service. Everyone was EXTREMELY friendly too. I don't think it would be my first selection for lunch/dinner but it was a nice resting stop for good conversation and carefree, FRIENDLY atmosphere.

1  Thank Lindsay H

Reviewed December 14, 2013

After lunch there today, my family and I were disappointed. I had a chicken salad sandwich with fries and coffee. The sandwich was pretty good, although not much chicken salad on the sandwich. I just took both halves with the meat and put them together. My fries were completely cool. I asked for some more coffee, and it was never provided. We were sitting outside, so I had to go in and tell the hostess, also let her know my fries were cold. Her response "what do you want me to do?" I said, "I want some hot coffee and some hot fries". By this time the coffee that was in my cup was cold, our server did come and took my cup. Instead of a fresh cup of coffee, she poured coffee on top of the lukewarm coffee in my cup. So of course, now I have a barely warm cup of coffee, not worth the effort to complain at this time. The replacement fries took so long, I was getting up to just say , bring the check. The fries came out then, but by that time , I had finished my sandwich and no longer even wanted them. My sister had the lunch platter, She said there was only a very little ham on the biscuit, the chicken salad just so so, and the potatoe soup looked and tasted like gray water. Overall, it is such a unique and neat store, it is a shame the food is so average to below.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My daughter and I visited Smithfield last week. Although it was a rainy day we enjoyed a little Christmas shopping and then lunch at Taste of Smithfield. Our server, Mary, was very nice and answered all our questions (since we had not been before). I enjoyed quiche and my daughter had the Kansas City BBQ. The servings were a good size and we even split a peach cobbler with ice cream.
The food was good, the people friendly, and the whole day very relaxing.
Before we left we did a little shopping for peanuts and a very sweet little piggy. (They have the cutest pigs displayed, in all sizes.)

1  Thank MargaritaR451
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had lunch here while on a visit to Smithfield. I had a BBQ sandwich and fries, and she had a lunch platter with a ham biscuit, chicken salad, and a bowl of tomato basil soup. My sandwich was OK, had better, had worse, but her soup and chicken salad was very good. Do not waist money on desert, because they have samples in the shop of all the peanuts and products they sell. The dark covered chocolate cashews, YUM! Will stop there again on my next visit!

3  Thank mikeyt62
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wow, if you want to try dozens of flavors of Virginia peanuts this is the place to go. We love Virginia peanuts so this was a fun adventure. Of course, these and Smithfield ham are always good gifts to take to folks back home.

3  Thank 747Luv2Travel

Been to Taste of Smithfield? Share your experiences!