“AMAZING SERVICE & food! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokyo & Thai

Tokyo & Thai
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Thai, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“AMAZING SERVICE & food! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My parents recently moved to Smithfield, and this place has become their FAVORITE, regular local spot to dine. When I went their to visit during the holidays, they took me there for dinner, twice. It was their third/fourth time there. We had Chris as our server, he assisted my parents on one of their previous visits. He was one of the best waiters, EVER! He was extremely nice and very accommodating. I know Smithfield is a small town, but it was nice because he even remembered my dad's name. The appetizers are amazing here. I completely recommend the steamed veggie dumplings, I have had many in my day being a vegetarian - and they are the best ones I have EVER had! My parents really enjoyed the steamed shrimp dumplings and calamari too. The seaweed salad was TOO DIE FOR! You can't go wrong with the rolls too. Also, the green tea was DELICIOUS. Great restaurant with great service, can't beat it!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lindsay H

Leesburg, Virginia
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have eaten at Tokyo & Thai on numerous occasions when visiting Smithfield. The food has never failed to be absolutely delicious. The seafood dishes are especially delightful and the seafood is always fresh and tender. Although this is a modest local establishment, it is evident that the chef takes great care to make sure that every dish is prepared and presented with a special flair. My experience has been that the quality of the ingredients tops those used in other Asian restaurants. I have not tried the sushi, but have seen lots of folks getting this. The dining room is fairly spacious, well thought out, clean, cozy and inviting. The service is attentive and professional. I highly recommend this gem of a restaurant to anyone visiting Smithfield.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 641JulieM641
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was good, especially for the location; what can you really expect from a small town like Smithfield anyway?! Anyway, the restaurant was a little dirty though; you could see dust accumulation on the fake plants above the table and at a distance from the table. The rest of the retaurant just seemed a little plain to me, which is pretty typical of a small town restaurant. Nothing special in my opinion....don't take that to mean I didn't like it though, I'd go back!

Visited November 2013
Chinteche, Malawi
“Very well done asian food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here for dinner last night and it was great. The food was very good, I had General taos, the chicken was light and had just the right amount of breading. The sauce was a bit sweeter than usual, but still good. The sweet and sour chicken was very good as well. She had two different sushi rolls as well but i didnt try them, she said both were very good.

The price was pretty reasonable and the interior of the restaurant is very clean and even has a few TVs if your need to check the score of the game on a sunday.

• Visited October 2013
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good food, easy access from our hotel. Server was very personable and helpful. And who can say "no" to a little hot sake? Almost went back again during our 2 day stay.

Visited October 2013

Been to Tokyo & Thai? Share your experiences!