“Mild disappointment”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Smithfield
Clarks Summit, PA, United States
“Mild disappointment”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I thought the room had dated furniture, a loud A/C unit, the refrigerator was clearly in need of a defrosting, and it had only three pillows on each bed. For the money I thought it was a bad value. The breakfast was so-so. I can think of other hotels that would have a better value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brandy M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I am very sorry that we were not up to the standards that you were expecting. A few of the things that you mentioned, I have informed the appropriate people so that we can see what we can do about them. The furniture unfortunately isn't that it is outdated - it was a manufactoring error from opening that just recently became evident and things are in the process of being replaced now. We take pride in our hotel and we appreciate the feedback so that we can work on making your next visit awesome like it should have been =) Hopefully if you are in the area, you will give us another chance!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
WADE, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff is always polite and very helpful, excellent service. I stay a couple times a year and the staff always knows me when I walk in the door, a big plus. Very close to every where I need to go. I would definitely recommend this hotel to every one traveling to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the kind words! To us, people that stay with us - especailly our return guests, become like family to us =) We have guests that are here often enough, that we have had the pleasure of watching their children grow up =) We look forward to having you back with our family =)
Clarks Summit, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This trip was wonderful from the moment I walked into the foyer. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I did not have to wait for anything during my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for any visit!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We GREATLY appreciate the kind words!!! Things like this, us let us know that we are doing something right =) We look forward to having you with us again =)
Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Check in was smooth. Front desk was helpful during our stay - immediately handled any request. I was most impressed when my children went to get a luggage cart and the front desk woman assisted them. She proceeded to tell me how well behaved my children were. When they returned with the cart, they each had a treat from this nice lady at the front desk. As a parent/guest I appreciate her care and kindness. Those little things can truly make a difference.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the sweet words! You DO have awesome young men, and I was a sucker for those handsome faces =) I am glad that you and your family had a nice stay with us, and hopefully we will see you guys again!
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The best hotel in Smithfield. The service was excellent. The room was very nice. I recommend the complimentary breakfast. The complimentary internet service was also great. I typically do not stay at Hampton Inns hotel but will consider the Hampton Inn&Suites in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brandy M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I love to hear that we were able to change your mind about Hampton Inns =) Thank you very much for the kind words! We always try to make sure you don't forget your experiences with us! Hopefully you will have the opportunity to experience the same great service at other Hamptons!
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last minute because traveling went late into the night. I have stayed in over 50 hampton inns and never had a questionable experience. I was asked to sign a waiver that I would not smoke in a non smoking room, never have I had this asked of me. I told her i cannot tolerate the smell of smoke and she assured me I was in a non smoking room. It smelled horrible...the cover over the ac had been kicked in and shattered. The door was ajar when we went in. I went down and explained this and was given a different room on a different floor, still smelled, just not as bad. Didn't feel like complaining again. Hallway rugs were filthy and elevators were dirty. The whole place had a weird vibe. Hate to write this review because I love the hampton inn brand. It needs a deep clean and repairs, hope they do it.

• Stayed June 2014
I am very sorry that things did not go as they should have when you came. The waiver that we have you sign is to help deter people from smoking in the rooms because they know that they will be charged for it. Unfortunately it does not stop everyone and I apologize that you were affected by it. We have some deep clean processes in place to help this problem, and the other things that you mentioned are also in the process of being taken care of. I hope that if you have the need to stay over night again, you will give us another chance. Thank you for all the feedback!
lexington, sc
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is so accommodating and the staff is wonderful. The full complimentary breakfast is delicious and the warm cookies upon arrival is a nice touch. The rooms are very clean, the duvets are cleaned after each use, there is a small fridge in the room and if you forget something, such as a toothbrush, you just simply ask and you shall receive. The gym is small, but just enough for a good workout, didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked refreshing and clean Parking is ample. If you don't have time for breakfast they have to go grab bags waiting for you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Smithfield.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for all the kind words!! We appreciate them very much! I love that you were able to experience so many different things that we offer! We try to make sure we have all that anyone could need =) See you next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Smithfield Station
Smithfield Station
#1 of 2 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield? Share your experiences!