“Nice winter weekend getaway!”
Review of High Meadows Inn

and 1 more site!
High Meadows Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Scottsville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Great location with wineries/breweries trail nearby. Service was great. Coupons for wine tastings were very welcome (since many of the C'ville area wineries are charging $5 per person these days!). Stayed in the Willow room - it was so comfy and loved the decor. Breakfasts was incredible - baked grapefruit beyond tasty (I am so trying that recipe out). Only downer was the fireplaces were not usable - thanks to the earthquake. Cuddling in front of a fire in our room would have made the weekend the tops. Loved High Meadows and adored Scottsville (great couple of restaurants in the town - save yourself the trip to Charlottesville and eat local!). Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked charming - loved the Willow though!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for High Meadows Inn

Reviewed March 9, 2012

The place is charming. We stayed in the Willow, which is on the 2nd floor with a huge comfy bed. Breakfasts were delicious. Loved the peacock wandering around the grounds. He even put out his feathers for us. There are also friendly cats and chickens - all outdoors animals. Nancy gives you nice tips and coupons for nearby wineries. She also gave us tips about other wineries, helping us pick among all the options nearby.

We used a Groupon so got a great deal. It was off season so not a lot of other guests and also meant not many others at the wineries so we got lots of attention. The weather was beautiful too. March can be a great escape time!

Just a tip: shower is a bit snug for tall or large-boned.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor do not hear squeaking from upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2011

NOT JUST A BED & BREAKFAST!

High Meadows really took me by surprise. I could tell by the
pictures on the website that it was lovely, but it really exceeded
all my expectations. The house is not your ordinary B&B, but
Instead a home that welcomes you for a visit! The owners (Nancy
and Cynthia) are extremely friendly and helpful and are always
up for a good chat if you are. It’s a relaxed atmosphere and yet
offers everything you could possibly want in a B&B.

Sometimes I actually don’t always like staying at a B&B, as I feel
set up to have to talk with others, but at High Meadows
I found myself wishing I could stay an extra day or two—you are
not forced to “have to “ talk with people, yet you find yourself doing
So—and liking it!

The house is decorated wonderfully and with a slight sense of whimsy – very colorful and full of many books,magazines and more to read and look at. A great mixture of music playing
in the family room, a fire roaring in the dining room and an occasional
child stopping in to make their mom a cup of tea (just enough to make you
really miss any you may have left back at home!). It was great.

This is NOT your grandmother’s Victorian B&B …it’s what a real getaway is all
about. Waking up with the rooster, chickens and a peacock (who thinks he’s
quite hot) while watching a deer and cat hang out with all? Harmony and
Peace!

I am a frequent visitor of Bed and Breakfasts....and whoever wrote that they were upset for being charged for taking the shampoos and lotions? Well, these where not "little opened put in your purse take homes" - they were "large, opened stay in its place and use it if you would like to" shampoos and lotions. I would have charged you too!

Anyone unhappy with High Meadows must be nuts or entirely too privileged..This place is a treasure – and I was there on a rainy and cold weekend! All was clearly explained to me (and as a side note, I had to cancel a previous visit due to a bad back -- they were very sympathetic that I would miss my getaway. Just call back they said. I rescheduled a week later, no biggie!).

There is plenty to do nearby -- more and more restaurants are moving in --Monticello is close, as well as wineries and shops in Charlottesville. Though I could hang out and watch the grass grow here.

The breakfasts were really good and the presentation was chef worthy--
I’ve taught cooking for over 12 years and know.

All in all five out of five stars…and as Arnold said “I’ll be back”

Room Tip: Loved the Daffodil room....very cheery and sunny. The Robin's Nest was also really lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie C
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Horrible business practices is an understatement! These people are down right frauds and lack any sort of "customer service"! Charges to my cc 3 months after I paid for the room, and for shampoo! Now I have traveled the world and have always used and taken the amenities/toiletries in the room, this is the 1st time I have ever been charged for them. Nice place but delusional owners. If you want to go to Scottsvile/Charlottesville your better off somewhere else for sure!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank DJLA11
highmeadows, Owner at High Meadows Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

A note about our personal amenities:
As a Virginia Green Lodging partner, we provide in guest rooms a line of personal care products that are petroleum free, animal friendly, and free of preservatives. One of the issues Green Lodging partners try to alleviate is excessive use of plastics, therefore rooms are stocked with
regular - not travel or individual sized - sized amenities that are refilled for each guest. When a guest inadvertently packs one of our bottles, we give a courtesy call...the guest may either choose to return the item, or we will happily sell the product to them! (It is lovely, and many guests DO purchase it) In any case, if within several months, the item has not been returned as promised, then the charge is made to the guest as we assume they changed their mind and decided to keep the product.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Loved our stay, getting out of the city and into the country. Very relaxing, delicious food, elegant touches, and Nancy was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mjf
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Pretty place, VERY clean, VERY comfortable bed, nice breakfast. But there was a feeling of 'bean counting,' I guess I would say. And eccentricity. It also did not help that some other guests were arguing into the night (it was very weird) so maybe that colors my impression, too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The rooms are fantastic, we loved the location. It is in the country, a nice twenty minute drive to Charlottesville. Nancy was the greatest, helpful and very interesting. The town of Scottsville is just a mile down the road and has a few restaurants if you don't want to drive into Charlottesville. If your looking for fast paced action, you might want to go elsewhere. If you like to relax and enjoy the simple things, this is the place. There are great wineries within a half hours drive. The dining experience was also excellent. Weather permitting you can eat outside and the inside dining atmosphere was great also. The food outstanding. If you go, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the six rooms, we saw them all.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gwerbrich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsville
The English Inn of Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville
#5 of 35 in Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville
Comfort Inn Monticello
Comfort Inn Monticello
#17 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to High Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!