“Our favorite place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schuyler
White Pig Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Schuyler B&B and Inns
Northern VA
“Our favorite place”
Reviewed November 30, 2007

My husband and I have been to The White Pig 3 times now and it's pretty much our favorite place in the world. Dina makes amazing food and always has enough to fill us up. The house is immaculate, the rooms are comfortable, the animals are amazing to see...Every time we go we are in awe of all the beauty that Dina and her husband have chosen to share with the world. They are also very helpful in figuring out what to do around the area and what to eat. So peaceful. Can't get enough of The White Pig. Will return very soon.

-Lianne and Jason

• Liked — Seeing animals in a peaceful environment, and the amazing vegan food
  • Disliked — There is nothing I dislike about the accomodation. Are you kidding?
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vegangurl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
DC
Reviewed September 19, 2007

The White Pig B&B is amazing!
From the wonderful owners to the beautiful accommodations to the fabulous food - our weekend at the White Pig was a fun and romantic experience. Also, the pigs are adorable!

Jessica and Jeff, DC

• Liked — The beautiful grounds and accommodations
  • Disliked — No Sat. night dinner
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JessJeffDc
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed September 17, 2007

My husband treated me to a weekend at the White Pig B&B as an early birthday present. The B&B is a gorgeous 1800s home near another restored farmhouse, where the innkeeper herself lives, surrounded by lovely wooded areas and animal pastures. The farm offers sanctuary for pigs rescued from various types of abusive situations and is actually named after the owner's first pig, Norman (R.I.P.).

It's obvious the owners are very devoted to their animals--about a dozen pigs, two dogs, cats, and a little horse--and my husband and I had lots of fun visiting with the critters. (The two other couples staying at the Inn were more interested in the wineries, of which there are several in the area.) The pigs are as spoiled as any lap cat or dog...and seem to be programmed to flop over for belly rubs--they even start shoving matches over who gets the next one.

While I was not blown away by the food (except the chocolate cupcakes--drool), the vegan breakfasts were quite good and the innkeeper very sweet and pleasant. As a fellow vegan, I greatly admire what's she's doing to promote veganism and to protect animals. The fact that 'no animals were harmed in the making of this breakfast' enhanced the meal experience for me. Our stay here was good for the soul.

There is also antiquing, wine-tasting, and historical sites in the area, although you have to drive quite a few miles to get to anything. (Charlottesville is about 20 miles away.) You can also soak in the outdoor hot tub, peruse the library of veg*n-related books, enjoy nature, or just relax in your room.

Highly recommended for veg*ns, animal lovers, and stressed-out people who need to get away.

• Liked — Scenery, piggy fun, owners' commitment to veg*nism, food
  • Disliked — A bit distant from 'civilization' (which can be a good thing!)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank abernhardt
Portland, OR
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We were amazed by this place. We three were the only guests for the two days we were there so we felt we had the whole house to ourselves. It was so beautiful and peaceful. The full breakfast was delicious and well presented. We felt very pampered and refreshed. The location was super and not as challenging to get to as I had feared (thought the roads would be more difficult for some reason). Great animal rights related video selection and a fridge available for guest use. Stayed in the upstairs rooms with shared bath (Oliver and Willoughby, I think). They were just beautiful.

• Liked — The clawfoot tub and bath salts
  • Disliked — The spa temp was a little too low to be enjoyable (99); couldn't quite find the hiking trails / or they weren't maintained
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank LKK2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Being in the middle of a stressful home renovation, we made another weekend escape to the White Pig and we came home renewed.

The White Pig B&B is a sanctuary- not only for Dina and Hal's rescued pigs- but for all who stay here. There are many things to do but we come to relax- and that is not difficult to do in this setting. Have delicious vegan breakfast, read a book, visit the sweetest pigs (they love a tummy rub), play ball with the happy, fetching corgi, walk the trails, take a soak in the clawfoot (Jacob room only), have lemonade on the porch while enjoying nature all around... one can't help but to be mellow here... and it stays with you long after you leave.

I suggest a full weekend dose to anyone in need of easing their woes and enjoying the yummiest vegan food.

• Liked — Everything- nature, food, new friends, comfort
2 Thank vegheart
Arlington, VA
Reviewed June 24, 2007

This was an incredible 3-day anniversary weekend! Great food (we were so glad we selected the additional Saturday night dinner too), marvelous star-gazing, charming rooms (named after their rescued pot bellied pigs), and a most tranquil ambiance. The highlight for us was meeting the pigs each with their unique personality not to mention the other rescued animals including two cats, two dogs and a pony. We saw deer, rabbits, and listened to many beautiful song birds on the gentle walking trails. This is a very convenient base of operations for history buffs since Jefferson's Monticello, UVA and Poplar Forrest, Monroe's Ashland/Highlands and Madison's Montpelier are within short or reasonable drives. There are plenty of nearby wineries for the interested. The hostess, Dina, is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. If you're a vegan/vegetarian, respect animals and love serenity, this place will satisfy all your needs. We will definitely join the ranks of their many returnees. We give it a "SIX".

• Liked — Darling room - in the woods - quiet
  • Disliked — nothing - it was perfect
5 Thank catbird2
Midlothian, VA
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Dina and Hal provided a relaxing, secluded (and much-needed) retreat for my husband and me. As one reviewer mentioned, the owners kept to themselves most of the time, but I found this to be a wonderful benefit. When I want to relax, the last thing I want to do is try to make a bunch of small talk!

The setting was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and atmosphere was very cozy. I am not usually fond of the "folksy" type of decor, but I found the pig-themed house to be charming. The real pigs were also a delight; we spent a good amount of time rubbing their bellies and ears! They have also added an adorable pony to their menagerie.

From the cute pink farmhouse to the peaceful walking trails, this B&B is a delight. I can't wait until my husband treats me to another visit!

• Liked — The setting and the AMAZING vegan food.
  • Disliked — The horseflies chasing us on the walking trails!
1 Thank freedak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schuyler
Omni Charlottesville
Village Inn Motel
Village Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Lovingston
Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast

Been to White Pig Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!