“A Birthday Wish come true”

Walton's Mountain Museum
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Schuyler
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I were recently in VA Beach, and on the way home he surprised me with a birthday visit to the Walton's Mountain museum. What a thrill! I grew up watching and loving the Walton's and this was truly a dream come true.
The drive there was breathtaking and beautiful and once we got there we were greeted by wonderful and charming folks. The gentleman running Ike's store was very nice. My hubby bought me an autographed copy of Spencer's Mountain.
Thank you Mr. Hamner for your wonderful gift of storytelling, and thank you for the opportunity to return to my childhood. God bless.

4  Thank OHbeachlover
There are newer reviews for Walton's Mountain Museum

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Its quite a treck to this museum they need signs on 64 and route 29 and 6. The museum is worthwhile and has wonderfull sets and lots of interesting exhibits. The hosts-hostess are rude and don't show interest. I asked about the Walton house nearby and if was it open. I did not see anyone out and about. I was told it was a B&B now. The idea was imparted by the rude host is it was not open so I missed out on a good exhibit. I think this could be a great museum if the person young or old running it smiled and showed their enthusiasm. Also if these two attractions worked TOGETHER it would be a slam bang!

1  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are a group of five retirees (2 American, 3 British) who have recently taken a two-week road trip through the Middle-Atlantic states. When planning our itinerary, the Walton's Museum in Schuyler, Va was at the top of our list - and it didn't disappoint. We all loved this place. The tour books had recommended one hour, but we were there at opening time of 10 am and didn't walk out the door until after 1 pm... There was so much to see. I particularly enjoyed reading the scripts and talking with the very enthusiastic staff. The store with Ike and Cora-Beth cutouts where the visitor can have his/her photo taken was a real crowd-pleaser. We all mailed many postcards from here, and they have arrived back in the UK with the Walton's Mountain postmark. This is a great memento to have. We visited on a Saturday in March and the museum was filled with many visitors. A worthwhile film is shown, too. Afterwards we headed up the road just a bit to Ike's Store, where we enjoyed hotdogs on the picnic table afterwards. This was a great day.

13  Thank 16smiles
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I grew up watching the Walton's so I really needed to visit this place. Its not actually where it was filmed but it is the place where the programme was based and they have the replica rooms of the Walton's house which is great. There is so much memorabilia and the people there have so much knowledge about it all. Highly recommended for any fan

5  Thank madamcholet
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you're a Waltons fan, this is heaven on earth. You must visit! They have the original sets, including the Waltons living room and Ike Godsey's store. A trip back in time!

7  Thank Enjoysgoodfood21