“Highly recommended”

Hillbilly Red's Barbeque
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Sandston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Due to the fairly early closing time (8pm on a Saturday), my family barely made it for dinner while driving through Richmond from SE Virginia. We were so thankful we stopped here, though! The owners were extremely friendly and the restaurant was one of the cleanest I've ever been in. Very cool decorations, too. A little pricier than some other barbecue I've had before, but I wouldn't describe it as expensive at all. Please go if you're craving barbecue and in the Richmond area.

There are newer reviews for Hillbilly Red's Barbeque

Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Where to begin? From the painted cement barn floor, to the exposed rafters and air ducts, this place is great! Corrugated sheet metal line the walls, pedal tractors and olde-tyme photos of the surrounding town do nothing but help lend to the atmosphere. The food is great, and so is the service. If you're heading to the Richmond airport and find yourself with some extra time, do yourself a favor and stop in..and no the outhouse in the lobby is not the restroom!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Used to be the place for a great meal combo. Not so anymore as menu is smaller as well as portions. Owner used to be involved but did not see last few times.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I stop here every time we travel in or out of Richmond airport.
We love the BBQ, contrary to some other reviews!
The price is on the high end, but you get what you pay for!
The only complaint I have is that they're not open in the evenings.
We got there one night at 7:30 - closed!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Not a particularly nice dining room, and much of their business is take-out but I look forward to this place when I visit Richmond on business. Best hush puppies I have ever had. Too paper-napkin downscale to entertain at, but wonderful barbecue. Just around the corner from the airport Courtyard Marriott.