“need to finish remodelling!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandston Inn

Sandston Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sandston B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“need to finish remodelling!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

Stayed here a number of times in summer 07, mainly as I was only 1 night at a time, and booked by my company at last minute.
Rooms are OK inside, but hotel has been undergoing renovation for an eternity. Many things are unfinished in rooms, closets, door frames, one room had a nasty 2 inch gap behind basin with bare brick visible! Wireless internet doesn't work in most rooms. The biggest issue is the VERY nasty hallway and elevator. You feel like you are walking thru a construction site...and you are!!
So once you are in your room it's not SO bad...but not a pleasant exterior at all!

• Liked — new rooms
  • Disliked — rooms not finished
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wheaton, Md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2007

I called the hotels reservation number two months in advance and reserved our hotel room. When I spoke to the operator they quoted me a rate of $59.99 plus tax for a double room for our family of four. This was the weekend of May 4 and the NASCAR Busch and NEXTEL series races were in Richmond, Virginia this hotel was seven miles from the race track. I was told that I did not need a credit card to hold the room as long as I arrived before 6pm on May 4th.
Our family arrived to the hotel at 5:18 pm and went to check in our room and was told by the desk clerk that our reservation had been canceled! She looked the information in her computer and informed me that she did not know why the reservation had been canceled. I told her I called the reservation number the Monday before and my reservation was still confirmed and in place and the room rate was $59.99 plus tax. She told me that the room was canceled on May 4th and the contact name was "Tammy" which is my name. Well we lucked out and the Clarion next door had one room and went out of their way and made us comfortable but they only had a room for one night.
I called the reservation number Saturday morning and was told the the hotel had a rate hike Friday morning to $119.59 for the weekend and that our reservation was cancelled at 4:52:01pm by the HOTEL. The operator confirmed that the hotel did not require a credit card to reserve a room and that the reservation would be cancelled by 6pm if not held by a credit card. She gave me the number to Guest Relations and was told to give them my complaint. The hotel is privately owned but the regional manger would but informed and they would be in contact with me.
If were could not have found a room then my husband my two children ages 6 and 3 and my self 61/2 months pregnant would have been sleeping who knows where.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aspenlm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Airport Inn Motel Richmond
Airport Inn Motel Richmond
#48 of 81 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Sandston Inn? Share your experiences!