“BED BUGS”

Sandston Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sandston B&B and Inns
“BED BUGS”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed on 12/10/11 in room 124 just feel asleep bout 2am,. 2:30 am im itchy ,my face, arm, hand , swollen & scares. All our clothes trashed fear of bugs in them . We was refused to be moved to quality inn next door even though it's the same owner after manager cursed out front desk attendant & 2 hours later when finally got our money back & stayed @ Holiday Inn. Red roof inn is refusing to pay for our clothes but say they'll pay er bill & a free weekend to sleep with their BED BUGS im petrified here it's days later. Im still itching as Im posting this I need to see skin specialist asap.

• Stayed December 2011
Tequoria W, Front Office Manager at Sandston Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
I appreciate you patronizing our business. I really apologize for your inconvenience. I also apologize that the room wasn't clean to your satisfaction. We have never had complaints of undesirable pest. I will look into the reason for not moving you. I am sorry that on this evening another hotel recieved your business. I hope in the near future you will give us another opportunity. I would be glad to reserve your room for you. My name is Tequoria Ward and I am the new front office manager, you have my commitment to provide a pleasnt accomodation for your overnight stay in Richmond, VA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I've stayed in several Red Roofs over the years and like the clean, basic, low-cost accommodations so I chose to stay here overnight before starting a new job in Richmond. Red Roof is usually a dependable choice...except in Sandston. At check-in, the desk clerk was barely communicative. Room highlights: Two non-operative light fixtures. A very dirty carpet and dust nuggest throughout the room. No shampoo in the bathroom. No coffee for the in-room coffeemaker. A CRT TV which didn't even tune in any local network affiliates and had no picture on ESPN.

When I complained to Red Roof corporate, they refunded the full price of the stay because they couldn't get local management to call them back.

Room Tip: If you want a good Red Roof experience in Richmond, book their other hotel at I-95 and Bells Rd.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nlaup
Red_Roof_Sandston, General Manager at Sandston Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
We appreciate you being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the issues you had at this property. We strive to offer exceptional customer service to all of our guests and we also have high standards in our guest satisfaction. I empathize with you about the problems you endured during your stay here. We have recently implemented new practices and procedures to rectify the issues you had. The quality of our rooms has been our main focus. We would like to offer you a chance to come see our improvements. Please contact me at the property if you would like to discuss reservations.
Amanda Green
Red Roof Inn #676
804.440.5770

Travelers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Do not stay here! I've stayed here before on 2 different occasions and the hotel was ok for the price. I stayed here again last weekend and will never ever stay again! The place was infested with roaches and bugs!! yuck! everything just feels dirty. The crowd staying at this hotel are people you would never want to associate with!! Neighbors were dirty old drunk men! Horrible experience! Never again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RKT1
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Beware when they offer to take you to airport to deliver your rental car-while you are there the other employees are in your room ramsacking your personal items. We were exhausted from our trip and not thinking real clear. We left a gift card in our room, when we got home it was gone. We had our sales slip adn were able to trace it. It was bought in Kentucky where we live. It was used at a Christopher Banks store in Richmond at a mall we had never been to. The description of the male working at the front desk matched the description of the male with a small child that used our card at the Christopher Banks store. The Red Roof Inn, Christopher Banks or police would do anything. They set you up. They make everything so convenient so they can steal from you. BEWARE-IT RUINED MY CHRISTMAS AS I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THE GIFT CARD ANDHAD NOTHING TO GIVE IN ITS PLACE. What a shame to not only steal but then use it with an inncoent chilD at your side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BRAM32
Red_Roof_Sandston, Manager at Sandston Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
I appreciate your response and I apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay. We recently changed ownership in November 2010. At this property we strive to maintain a good rapport with our guests. I sincerely apologize that this occurred during your stay. We work hard to ensure that these occurrences do not happen at this property. Each guest’s information is kept confidential to ensure that these types of occurrences do not take place. If you find yourself back in the Sandston area please stop by the property to view our changes. We would love to retain you as one of our guests, give us a chance to make this right. I ensure you that we will change your perception of this property and also offer you the exceptional service that you did not receive in the past. Thank you and I hope to see you soon.
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The clerk at the desk was very had to talk to, due to the fact he didn't speak English very well. I'm pretty sure English is the primary language in VA. If you want ice, you better bring your own. Not a single ice machine work. The pool looks like it has not been cleaned all summer. I've swam in lake water that was cleaner. Over all, this hotel sucks. Never again for me or my family. Spend the extra $20 or $30 and stay away from here.

• Stayed December 2009
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My daughter is currently staying at this hotel with a large group and it is INFESTED with bed bugs. The staff knew about this before the group got there and is not doing anything about it and is not concerned. Because they are a large group there is not another hotel for them to move to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank school4mom
No Where
Reviewed May 6, 2010

We had called 2 months in advance to confirm and reserve rooms. I was on the phone with the lady a good 15 minutes or so verifying the date, how many people and how many rooms. She confirmed 3 rooms reserved, all rooms would be together and told me they would provide transportation to the Richmond International Speedway on the day of the race. She also confirmed the amount for each room, $49.99. I was amazed at the price so I asked again and again she stated $49.99 per room. She took my credit card info. and stated that I would not pay up front but when we checked out. WRONG!!! We got to the hotel at check-in, they had us down for 1 room and only 3 people. Then they stated at that time they could not give us 3 rooms together and the price now became $91.00 per room, paid in full, up front. I told the manager I was stated a price of $49.99, he said that was only on week days. By then we were pretty irrate. I asked about transportation to the race, he said a shuttle would come by every 30 minutes and the fee was $10-$15 per trip. Not being able at the last minute to get another room, we stayed. The rooms were not very clean, we had 4 people in one room and only 2 towels, no shampoo and one of the three rooms, (which were not together) the airconditioning didn't work. There was no breakfast only a run down coffee maker in the lobby. I do not recommend anyone staying at this hotel. They are very dishonest and misleading. They tell you what you want to hear to get you there and then once your there, your stuck.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnieNoWhere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston

Been to Sandston Inn? Share your experiences!