“yummy”

The Patron
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Sandston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: We go to great lengths at The Patron Mexican Restaurant to serve you the best Mexican cusine you've ever eaten. Take a look at our menu, you'll notice right away that we have unique Mexican dishes you won't find anywhere else, including healthy Vegetarian plates. The Patron is the perfect place to host a luncheon, dinner party or meeting. We have a large private dining area. Our staff is attentive and our meals are delivered "Fresh • Fast • Delicious"! A truly refreshing change of pace for your event.
Williamsburg, Virginia
“yummy”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

typical mexican food... service was great, atmosphere was awesome...cool statue outside. no problems at all.

Visited August 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Gross”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Needed to stop somewhere quick for lunch so we picked the patron when we walked in it looked normal kinda nice the chips and salsa was ok but the white sauce they give you with it tasted sour and was pretty nasty. There tacos and nachos were definitely disgusting. The tacos tasted bland nothing special to rave about and the nacho plate didn't even have chips on it, generously speaking there were probably 5 saturated wet chips found on the bottom of the plate that you couldn't even eat. After eating here everyone I was with including myself felt like puking. I would never eat here again. Save yourself the trip.

Greenville, North Carolina
“Best Mexican I've Had In Richmond Area”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Mexican restaurants tend to be - Mexican restaurants! But Patron is refreshingly different. Being of Mexican heritage, and having spent years traveling around Mexico, I was happy to find a place that incorporated menu items that reflected several of the regional cuisines. Yes, if your perception of Mexican food is American Tex-Mex, they have that too. But I suggest that you leave the fajitas, burritos, and such behind and try some of the unfamiliar dishes. I intend to return and try more!

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Skip it”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We tried this place because it was right in front of Homewood Suites by Hilton at the Richmond Airport and I would drive miles to find somewhere else to eat if I had to do it again. Complimentary chips, salsa and a sweet white cream sauce offered when you sit down. The chips and salsa were average and the white cream sauce was gross. My daughter ordered queso for the chips and the waiter was confused. The restaurant sports a large menu and my daughter asked if they had tamales and the waiter was confused. We had to point to what we wanted on the menu to get the waiter to understand what we wanted and even then he left off one of the plates of food from the order and we had to reorder that one. There are many Mexican restaurants in this town. Skip this one and eat at one of the others.

Richmond, Virginia
“Good food”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Tried this place based on reviews. Complimentary chips, salsa and a sweet white cream sauce offered when you sit down. Good chips and salsa. The cream sauce was a first I've never experienced. It was okay. I ordered the beef and potato burrito dinner plate ($8.50). It was the cheapest item on the menu. For Mexican I thought they were a bit pricey. I wasn't super hungry and cause I'm traveling, I couldn't take a carry out and hate to waste food. First time I've ever had a beef/potato burrito (other than Taco Bell). It was very good and the plate presentation was excellent (see attached photo). Just the right size and hit the spot. I ate at the bar and the young, female bartender provided okay service. She was more interested in texting than servicing customers. Will definitely frequent The Patron again when in Richmond.