“I need one of these where I live!”
Review of The Patron

The Patron
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Sandston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: We go to great lengths at The Patron Mexican Restaurant to serve you the best Mexican cusine you've ever eaten. Take a look at our menu, you'll notice right away that we have unique Mexican dishes you won't find anywhere else, including healthy Vegetarian plates. The Patron is the perfect place to host a luncheon, dinner party or meeting. We have a large private dining area. Our staff is attentive and our meals are delivered "Fresh • Fast • Delicious"! A truly refreshing change of pace for your event.
Asheville, North Carolina
“I need one of these where I live!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Came here for dinner with a coworker on a business trip. The food was amazing compared to the Mexican restaurants in our hometown at the same price point.

Though the margaritas could have been stronger, I look forward to coming back soon when we are in the Sandston area!

Alexandria, VA
“Delicious, Clean, Comfortable & Affordable”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was very surprised to find such a great Mexican restaurant in such an off the beaten path sort of place. It's a stand-alone place right next-door to a Hilton near to the Richmond International Airport. I was in the area, and when I'm in a new area, I always like to search for a good Mexican place. This place falls second, only, to a place I rated with five stars in Savannah, Georgia a year or so ago, but it is a very close second.

You can order any of the standard Mexican dishes you are familiar with here, but I suggest you venture into some of those you have not seen before. You will not be disappointed. I loved the chorizo cheese dip as an appetizer and the Californiano burrito filled with grilled steak and tenderly cooked fresh tomato. Even the rice and beans are excellent -- something you normally just take for granted at a Mexican restaurant as being just okay -- here, they are good.

The entire restaurant is clean and the staff are friendly and efficient, worthy of tips exceeding the normal 20%.

If you're ever in the area of the Richmond International Airport, you must try The Patron for lunch or dinner. You will be happy you did.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MtVernonMan
“Mexican food in Virginia”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Right in front of Homewood Suites by Hilton and close to Richmond Airport Drive. Excellent food, great taste and a lot of food served for the price. I had a chicken quesadilla that could easily be shared by two. My teen kids are picky eaters and really loved what they had. Personnel is really courteous and friendly. Will definitely go again when going to Richmond again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Empacaqnosvamos
Virginia
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Really good food. We would eat here again anytime we are flying in/out of Richmond. Salsa and white dip good and the entrees had new and different things compared to the standard.

1 Thank Nav1go
Boynton Beach, Florida
“great choice if you are close to the Airport.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I actually prefer "El Patron" to the other choices in Sandston (or Highland Springs) for Mexican Food, the Carnitas are GREAT! Their version of Guacamole salad is prepared at the table, overall, great food at great prices too. YUMMY!!!!!!!

Visited October 2013