“Don't be fooled”

Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Sandston
Cuisines: American
“Don't be fooled”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews and thought I'd give it a try- was close to the hotel I was staying in. Place looks a little rough on the outside, but inside looks like your typical meat and two restaurant. Meat loaf was good, although portion was a little small. Excellent sweet tasting cornbread. Server was very good.

Toronto
“Local Place, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a kind of basic place where there is absolutely no pretense. The prices are very good but do not expect something that the New York Times will be writing about! What I found delightful is that the cook and the manager were joking around and that they seemed to know a lot of the customers. The restaurant is close to the strip of motels on Williamsburg road near the Richmond airport. Go for breakfast. I liked it, but it would not be everyone's cup of tea. If you want a taste of local color and a basic meal at very reasonable prices then this is the place for you. It is not part of a chain, as far as I can tell. Of course, if you travel around the South you will find other places very much like it. (I lived and studied in Alabama for five years.) My son said to add that when he asked for tea he immediately got two tea bags and a big smile from the waitress!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Govinda9
Fortescue, New Jersey
“Where the Locals Eat, Not Fancy, Just Good Food @ Reasonable Prices!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stopped and ate here on our way home from FL. It's not a fancy place, just a little place were the locals eat. Service is friendly, and at a little slower pace from other places. The waitresses know many of the customers by their names. Glad that we went there early around 4:30 PM for dinner, because the locals piled in a little later. My husband had the prime rib dinner with 2 sides (potato salad and green beans). I had the salmon cakes with 2 sides (fried apples and green beans). Portion sizes are amply. Skipped the bread because I was in the mood for dessert. Home made Apple Cobbler topped with ice cream. Good food! Southern home cooking. Our total bill plus tax was $29.72. We would eat there again.

• Visited March 2013
Beaufort South Carolin
“A Great Find ... we ate there twice!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

After asking the hotel desk clerk about the nearby Ma & Pa's Diner and being told she and her kids loved it, off we went for dinner. Southern cooking, hot and fast, tasty and VERY inexpensive! The cornbread was excellent. So we returned for breakfast the following morning (Sunday) ... the restaurant was busier and service a little slower, but the food was again very good and reasonable. It's an older building, formerly a pancake house, and the windows could stand to be cleaned, but it was a good value for quick, hearty food.

Visited November 2012
Henrico, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorites”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is one of our favorite places to eat.It is sometimes slow,but worth the wait.Food has always been good and plentiful.We have our favorite waitresses and everyone knows us and for the most part,what we want. I recommend it often.

• Visited October 2012