“Peaceful business stay”

Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here for business during the week of 12/10/12.

I set the reservation via the Hilton Honors website. No problem and fair rate.

The front desk folks were very nice.. My keys were ready and my Hilton membership was recognized and I was given goodies as a member.

My room was very quiet and away from the main flow.

My only concern is the hotel carpet and main areas are stating to show some age. The facility was clean but wear and tear is creeping in. The location is favorable for car or air travel.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Richmond Airport

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We visited the Homewood suites over Thanksgiving. Staff were gracious and welcoming. The facility was clean and necessary services were readily available. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. This is a great improvement over last Thanksgiving. Management and staff are to be commended for listening to guest feedback and acting on it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor survey about your great stay at the Homewood Suites Sandston. We were glad to see you again and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Have a safe and happy holiday and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel did a excellent job, there are no longer cookies at check-in but that is a chain wide policy. The pool area looked nice although I didn't use it this time. A small breakfast is provided, very clean breakfast area. The room was very nice and comfortable, plenty of pillows. I had a King 1 Br so we had separate bedroom from the living space, very nice. Nice having the full size fridge and a few pots, pans and dishes to use. This is my second stay and I will stay again. Internet connection is good, close to airport. Just a small note, the elevator doors need to be wiped down more often.

Room Tip: Ask for 1 Bedroom is staying with children and want to have a separate space
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The facilities are very typical for a Homewood Suites: rooms are large and comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay near the airport (5 minutes away).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review. We at the Homewood Suites Richmond are glad we were able to make your stay comfortable and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We've stayed at a few Homewood Suites (Raleigh, NC and Falls Church, VA right outside of DC), so I've come to expect the same type of comfort at this hotel.

First thing I noticed was our king suite didn't seem as big as the others we've stayed at. Maybe it's the layout of our room, but I recall having more in the bedroom. Also, the remotes did not work correctly; in fact, the one in the living area was completely dead. The one in the bedroom stuck when I tried to push the buttons. Maybe this isn't a big deal to some, but imagine if you had arthritis or carpal tunnel in your hands (I tend to suffer with this on occasion). Not fun.

Also, the sheets need to be replaced. The fitted sheet's elastic was completely shot, and the sheet kept slipping off during the night.

The biggest issue I had was the shower. I got scalded on my back when trying to turn the shower off. My back was red for a while. What the heck! This has never happened to me at a hotel, no less a Homewood Suites. I took a washcloth and tried to cool it off with a cool compress.

I posted something on Homewood Suites Facebook page last night, but have not gotten a response.

We stayed here because of Hurricane Sandy, as we tend to lose power in our neighborhood; fortunately, we didn't lose power after all, so we're checking out today.

Next time, we'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BEATLESCHICK
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing Homewood Suites for your lodging needs, I can assure you that we will look into the issue's and correct accordingly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because the hotel where I normally stay when I visit was booked up. I liked this hotel. It had everything that I come to expect when I stay at Homewood Suites. The room was in perfect condition. The staff was friendly and the complementary breakfast was good every day of my visit.

The hotel was a little bit further from my work location than where I normally stay, but that wasn't a major concern, as the freeways were relatively uncongested. I also liked how convenient it was to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor survey, we really appreciate it. We here at the Homewood Suites Richmond Airport pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and we are glad that you were pleased with your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Cant say enough about the staff at this location, they were very helpful with every question and even delivered answers or items to our room. We came in for race weekend and were greeted every time with smiles. Our room was fairly clean although well used (the bathroom floor could use a scrubing) but not so much that we were unhappy, the breakfast was good except for our last morning where there was something on the buffet that was unappealing. My biggest complaint would be that the coffee was really bad. Overall we enjoyed our stay here, the pool and hot tub were great, but I think that any little items that I may have concerns with were completely nullified by the pleasant and helpful staff. Although we were very close to the airport we really didnt hear the planes and was not woken up by them. We would stay here again.
P.S. Thanks for the banner Ben

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor Review of our Hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Homewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!