“Very small rooms but it is close to the airport. With the...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked a non-smoking Queen suite Thu-Sun via an internet. When I arrived, I was told the only rooms left were smoking standard rooms. I explained I have asthma and prone to migraines due to cigarette smoke and needed to make sure I received the room I had pre-paid for. The desk clerk was very understanding and tried to see how I could be accommodated, but when she called the manager, he stated it was not the hotel's fault and to continue with a smoking room.
I had two asthma attacks that night and literally slept at the window (what little sleeping I did). The next morning, I tried to speak with the manager (who was now at the desk). He was not open to any discussion and very rude. I could not check out and into another since I had already spent my budgeted lodging expense on this hotel.
The hallway had a smoky stench, the carpets were stained. The furniture in the room (and bath counter) had cigarette burns. The sink and toilet were badly stained. It was not a good feeling. Breakfast was cold cereal, instant grits with semi-hot water, bagels, muffins, yogurt and coffee/juice. Most of the time, the coffee was not hot (served from a thermos).
The only nice thing about this whole stay was the first desk clerk and the housekeeping lady.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MicrotelRichmond, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Room was booked by hotels.com same day on arrival foe smoking single. We were sold out during the stay for all non smoking rooms. I explain you that and your husband that there was no non smoking rooms are available according to your reservation it was smoking single that you booked by hotels.com and I ask you to call hotels.com to make sure about it that you refuse and blemish hotel for it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Address: 6000 Audubon Dr, Sandston, VA 23150-1332
Location: United States > Virginia > Sandston
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Richmond Airport Hotel Sandston