“Best experience ever in Richmond!!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Glen Allen
“Best experience ever in Richmond!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many economically friendly hotels and NEVER have I had an experience like the one at this Microtel. They were almost sold out by the time I arrived, the wonderful staff explained to me that it was a very busy weekend in Richmond, and the only room they had available was a smoking room. I was happy to take it. The front desk person was so pleasant after what had appeared to be a rough night since I passed by a police officer on my way in. When I got to the room I was pleasantly surprised on how clean it was. I did have an issue turning the shower on, however I called down to the front desk and she came up to my room, showed me and explained to me how to use it. When asked about the police, she simply said it was a dissatisfied customer who made a mistake when they did their reservation and could not be accommodated. She was very upbeat, helpful, and sweet. I cannot wait to come back to Richmond to stay at the Microtel!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at e Microtel overnight prior to our flight out of Richmond airport. The pictures online looked good and showed clean rooms. We felt as though we got a good deal for the stay. We arrived to find a room that was dirty. Carpets had large stains all over it and looked extremely dirty. The night stands had cigarette burns all over it, which could be attributed to it being a smoking room and the hotel did not offer ashtrays. When we asked for one, they stated they didn't have any. the curtains looked like it hadn't been washed since they opened the hotel and was visibly dirty. They were colorful curtains but the bottom half of them were brown. I can't even begin to comment on how gross the bathrooms was. It was so dirty that I did not feel comfortable using it. The sinks were stained with I don't know what. The toilet ran all night and I was afraid to look in the shower.

Additionally, the walls were so thin that I was kept up at night from the sound of a vibrating cell phone in the next room. They must have placed their phone on their night stand and it sounded as thought the phone was in our room.

The elevator stunk and there was an odor in the hallways that smelled of marijuana.

Even for the price, I will not be staying at another Microtel. I am not a hotel snobb and only require a clean and comfortable place for an overnight stay. This hotel did not even offer that.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Chose Microtel for the price since it was a short overnight stay while passing through Richmond. Oversized mirror behind the bed looked like a 2 way mirror and made us very uneasy. Pillow cases were wrinkled so it was not clear if the linens were clean. Slept very little over my beach blanket, Stains on walls, cob web in corner of bathroom, floors did not look clean and trash in can. Shower handle was broken. Will not be back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I did not have high expectations of Microtel since it is certainly not a high end hotel chain. Although the room was shabby everything was in working order and our stay was comfortable and safe.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!