Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
$44
  • Pool
$73
$71
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My mother and I came from kansas to visit my brother on base at Ft. Lee. When we arrived, we found out they did not honor the online price so our stay would be 56 dollars a night, with no discount for staying five days. I am 8 months pregnant and our plane got in at 1:00 AM. I was too tired to go anywhere else, so I paid for one night. When we got into the room, there was pen ink all over the counter. I did not want to put my laptop on it. The internet is "free" but cuts out and reboots. Being 8 months pregnant, I was not happy to find the toilet paper on the opposite wall of the toilet, nor the shower to barely work and take forever to get to the right temperature. For 56 dollars a night, We expected the tv to be modern, not as old as it was. It was also on top of a tall closet. The safe did not work. The air conditioner/heater was old and didn't seem like the filter had been changed. The hotel offers no discount for extensive stays, and the staff was rude when I asked about the discount and told me they couldn't do anything about it. The continental breakfast is simply cereal and bagels. Being out of town, we needed directions, however no one in the area seemed to know where anything else was. After driving around a couple days, we found a Legacy Inn which offered discount weekly rates and only 29.99 a night. Had we known that and not already paid, we would have gone there. Microtel charged to my card more than they should have and I plan to contact the chamber of commerce as well. Doubt I get my money back, but It's worth telling everyone NOT to stay here.

Room Tip: look for Legacy Inn or other hotels in the area
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We reserved a room for one night, and the experience wasn't so bad if you're only staying one night. I definately wouldn't be able to stay more than that. The rooms are very small, and the tv sits on top of a tall chest and you have to look up to see the tv. The tv's are very old. They should really upgrade. The hotel looks fairly new. I don't understand why they have those old tv's.......On the plus side the customer service was great, and the clerk at the front desk gave me a late checkout. We got in very late. She was very nice and possess very good customer service skills.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colemanlatisha
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were under a mandatory evacuation from Norfolk, VA due to Hurricane Irene. We arrived at 7 p.m. on August 26th, 2011 for a 3 night prepaid stay at this Microtel and had to pay the $50 pet fee (a total of $200). At about 10 a.m. the next morning we lost power. We went to a nearby Pizza Hut for lunch/dinner hoping the power would be back on when we came back. The power was still off, as was the emergency generator (meaning no lights in the hallways or anywhere). We had 2 towels when we checked in. We asked for more on Saturday morning before the power went out and were told to find a housekeeping cart. Each one we came across had no towels, just washcloths and hand towels. We had to take our dog out around 9 p.m. The hallways were pitch black with no flashlights or any workers around. We slowly felt along the wall to make our way outside. Our room's window only opened 6 inches for any air circulation to come in. After a hot, stuffy, noisy night with kids screaming and running down the halls playing and dogs barking in every room on the 1st floor, we went to check out Sunday morning at 9 a.m. as the power was still off. Claudette at the front desk said they would refund the money for Sunday's night (we had prepaid) since we weren't staying, but they couldn't give us anything back on the previous two nights as they aren't responsible for "acts of nature". We asked for the one night refund to be in writing as the credit card machine was obviously not working due to lack of power. Claudette refused to sign any piece of paper stating the refund. It has now been over five months and I still have not received credit for that one night. I have tried contacting the hotel twice with generic response emails returned to me. I filed a complaint with the BBB and even they couldn't believe Microtel would not refund me the one night I didn't stay due to their lack of power.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RiskyBsness
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The first room we (coworkers) reserved was still being occupied, by a homeless couple I believe. All they had left was a tiny, tiny, room with a full bed. At that point it was 10pm, and the money had been spent, so we stayed. The TV was broken (not huge, but still), old towels with stains and hairs of dubious origin littered the bathroom, and the sink was broken in two places and held up by 2x4s propped on the toilet tank. This place was bad, very bad.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Joshua C
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed for one night on our way down south. Room was clean and had everything we needed for one night. Room was small but if you want a larger room reserve one with 2 beds, will give you more floor space. Also provided a continental breakfast. Staff was pleasant. Can't beat the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple