“This hotel has the most arrogant manager I have ever encountered.”

Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“This hotel has the most arrogant manager I have ever encountered.”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I rented two rooms at this hotel for one night. The charge came through for two nights. It took six days to get management to take my call. Mr. Arthur Anderson, the manager, aknowledged the mistake and promised to credit my account. Three weeks and 21 phone calls later, there is still no credit, and another charge for the rooms came through again. I am now out $302 in overcharges, and an additional $270 in bank charges. Mr. Anderson seems to believe it is my fault that I have not received the credit. I finally had to call corporate, and do not yet have resolution. I have stayed my final night in this establishment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank constanttraveler32
HamptonRichmond, Owner at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
I apologize that I did not offer you the exceptional experience that you expected. I sincerely hope that you will give me another oportunity to make it right for you.

Please contact me at the hotel I would like to do what is necessary regain your confidence in the Hampton Inn Richmond Aiport.

Arthur Anderson Jr
Hampton Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I am a fan of Hampton Inns as they are usually consistent with no surprises. This one was a notch above. It is a relatively new property located adjacent to the RIC airport approximately halfway between Richmond and Williamsburg. We were visiting Colonial Downs racetrrack and upon hearing that the friendly front desk clerk volunteered the discounted rate of $79 for track patrons. The free breakfast was typical Hampton fare. The location, despite being next to an airport, was quiet and secluded feeling. Nothing around but a few other hotels and an Uno restaurant. If you are horse racing fans, or just need a quiet stop along the journey, this is the perfect place. Also a good choice for those visiting Colonial Williamsburg, being about 20 minutes away from the tourist areas. As always, the people make the difference, and this staff was top-notch!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We arrived fairly late on our way north and were very tired and hungry. The front desk person was friendly, personable, business like and professional. As it turned out this hotel seems to be used by business travelers and this property knows how to treat people who are in a hurry and hungry.
Also this hotel is very close to the airport and when you stand out in front the planes that are approaching Richmond airport pass by pretty close which is cool or annoying which ever way you describe it. The night we stayed the planes stopped landing by 11:30PM.
The room was a notch above a typical Hampton Inn by cleanliness, space and amenities.We ate a dinner in the American Grill at the Hilton Garden Inn right next door to this Hampton. The food and service was excellent! The Hampton front desk even gave us a coupon worth 15% off the meal.
We really enjoyed this stay!
In the morning we left very early and the attendant was just setting up the morning breakfast but was gracious and told us to take what we need for the road.
We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to all!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Great hotel-extremely clean, friendly staff and convenient to the airport. Free hot breakfast is a big bonus, as is the giant business center and on-site laundry. Signage could be a little better but other that, this is a fabulous hotel. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stay at 100+ nights each year at various hotels around the nation on business and decided to have our company's Regional training conference at the Hampton-Richmond Airport. What a fantastic visit! Everything was absolutely perfect! The service, the food, the rooms, the location. The staffs service level really topped it all off......and the hotel, it's beautiful inside. The colors really make you feel alive and vibrant each time you come in or out. I'm not sure how anything could have been any better??? Thanks again guys!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Reviewed October 12, 2009

New, friendly staff, clean, nice breakfast AND very close to the airport. Flying in late from LAX we chose the Hyatt Place because it is #!. Did not like it. Flying back to LAX we chose the Hampton Inn. Much better choice.

Alice

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I’m flying home from Richmond International Airport and stayed here last night; the hotel is just down the road. I wasn’t totally thrilled with this place and leaving here today my feeling will be “eh.”

The décor, with its plum and ruby color palette and retro 60’s mod wallpaper, is slightly reminiscent of a Las Vegas casino (actually, a few slot machines would not have looked out of place here). There are a lot of hard floor surfaces too—tile and hardwood in and around the lobby and elevators, so it lacks coziness.

My room while not “dirty,” nonetheless did not appear to have been completely freshened up from the last guest. A few telltale signs included someone’s-been-sleeping-in-my-bed wrinkles on the pillowcase, a couple hairs on said pillowcase, several hairs on the bathroom floor, some sticky substance on the bathroom vanity, and crumbs/grass on the carpeting. It was as if the maid was in a hurry, thought no one would notice (oh honey, I always notice) and so skipped the details. I notified the front desk, and upon the manager’s inspection of my pillowcase, they gave me a new room and discounted my bill.

The complimentary breakfast was adequate. Free parking and internet were also nice perks. While this Hampton didn’t exactly inspire cartwheels, I would probably stay here again if for no other reason than its proximity to the airport.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!