“Excellent location, excellent experience”

Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My daughter booked an entire floor of rooms for her nearby wedding. She used her room (a handicapped room) for doing hair and make-up for all the bridesmaids on the morning of the wedding. The hotel staff was amazing. Just minutes from the wedding location. Easy access for out-of-town guests. Clean, comfortable rooms at reasonable rates. Win, win!

Room Tip: All our rooms were on the top (Fifth) floor and that worked out well for us!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank catherinec342
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review for your stay with us! I am so glad to hear you were pleased with your experience. We love making the experience as easy and pleasant as possible for our wedding guests so you can focus on having a great time! Please come back to see us!.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is a good choice if flying in or out of Richmond. We spent one night. Checking in and out was easy. The staff was friendly. The hotel is newer and shows well. The rooms are clean. The pool was adequate. Our family felt safe. The airport is just a couple minutes drive away. We only heard a few planes from the room and the noise wasn't even an issue. Really a decent place to stay if you have an early flight.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Will M

I would like to personally thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We couldn't be #1 on Trip Advisor for the area without guests like you! I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you come back to see us!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Like I said already, the décor in the hallways is like something form the 70's, but the bed was superb! The rooms are clean and surprisingly quiet, and the price was awesome. The hotel shuttle service was fast and pleasant and even our smoking room did not smell at all!

Room Tip: This hotel still has smoking rooms! And don't be afraid, they are clean and don't stink at...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for writing a review for our hotel! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to remove as much of the smoke smell as possible from the smoking rooms precisely for that reason! I hope you come to see us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this property for four nights recently.

Check in was very, very fast which is always a plus.

My room was extremely clean. The bed very nice. Linens were clean and fresh. Breakfast was your normal "free breakfast" but always well stocked.

I checked out a day early but after a long day, decided to check back in for one more night. That was a fast process as well.

The ONLY complaint I have about this property is the water pressure still isn't what it should be. I don't know if it's because I'm always on a high floor or if it's maybe because everyone else is in the shower in the early morning as well...whatever it is...needs to be fixed. However, don't let that keep you from staying at this Hampton Inn. It's my choice when in the Sandston area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I am always delighted to see such positive comments. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the water pressure. We are in the process of having the issue corrected. Please come back to see us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Staff went above to ensure a great stay. She walked us to our room before checking in to ensure we would have enough room for our party! They didn't run out credit card until we decided to stay. Very thoughtful and really cared about our EXPERIENCE! Big difference from the service we didn't receive at the Berkeley hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We LOVE getting reviews like yours! It's guests like you who make us so happy to be in this business. We strive to be the very best hotel in Richmond and your comments make us feel appreciated. We truly appreciate having you as our guest and I hope you continue to stay with us again and again!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here while daughter was participating in Volleyball tournament. Room was nice, clean. No light bulb in desk lamp which was an inconvenience I discovered when I woke at 5am to do some work before my daughter woke up. The front desk was most helpful at check-in and greeted us by name during our 3 days stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel. I am so excited to share this with my employees as we work very hard to be the very best we can be! It warms my heart to hear they were so polite and welcoming to you and your family during the volleyball tournament. I look forward to seeing you again in the future! We love having you with us.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here overnight when a 1 - 2 inch snow storm cancelled all flights out of Richmond. Got a special distressed passenger 79.95 rate from US Air.

Clean Basic Airport Hotel, Friendly staff, not bad at all. Rooms were pretty big. No bar or restaurant, had to go to the place next door Hilton Garden which has the same owner. They do have a shuttle bus to and from the airport. Just stayed overnight and had an early flight out, so didn't have chance to see the fitness center or breakfast. Within walking distance to a Wawa Gas station / convenience store.

Overall good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad we were able to accommodate you during your troubles with your flight. I understand how frustrating that must have been for you and it makes me so happy to know we made your evening. If your plans return you to our area I sincerely hope you will stay with us again! We truly love having you as our guest.

Tonya Hopkins

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!