Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
BestWestern.com
$44
  • Pool
$51
All reviewsrichmond airportgreat hotelroom was cleanexercise roomthe shuttle driverwould definitely stay here againindoor poolnice stayenjoyed my staycomplimentary breakfastother hotelsfitness centerrental carfront desk staffwafflesan early morning flightnext morning
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Close to the airport and a very nice location. Many nice area hotels on the same street. The staff was great and after my last visit to a Hampton Inn in Atlanta last week, it was great to have a wonderful night. Good food really close by and a Hilton Garden Inn right next door with a bar and restaurant as well. If your business traveling in Richmond then it's a great location, 6 miles from downtown on the northside of town

Room Tip: Book a room on the back side of the hotel, the airport is close and there's still no noise, but the tower light can be seen from the lobby on the front side at night. Don't know if its visible in the front but it couldn't hurt, I don't have any issues in the back.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review of our hotel! We really enjoy hearing from our guests as your feedback helps us to better our facility and overall guest experience. I shall share your comments with my staff as we always love to hear we did a good job!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thanks so much for being our guest.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Provided your expectations are in line with what you're getting the Hampton Inn at Richmond Airport was an outstanding facility. To be clear, this hotel is well suited for business travelers who are either flying solo or have one other person with them as the rooms are small and facilities limited. If you need a place to hang your hat and get a good night's rest you won't be disapointed and given how overwhelmingly positive we felt about the place I'll start with what they got right:

As others have said, the facility is absolutely spotless from top to bottom. I was surpised to learn the hotel was 4-5 years old as it looked as if they just opened their doors the day before I arrived. We're not very needy guests but to the extent i asked for anything like extra towels or a plunger, etc. the staff was more than accomodating and freindly. The rooms, while a bit on the small side, were also spotless and nicely appointed with a very comfortable bed, clean/premium linens & towels and a nice, large desk/work area w/plenty of outlets as well as wireless/hard wired internet connections. The TV and clock/radio were modern and in good working order and the in-room climate control worked quickly, quietly and perfectly. The bathroom was spotless and the shower had good to above average water pressure. The adjustable shower massage head was a nice touch although I would've preferred a hand held version myself.

On the downside, I travelled with my wife and 15 y.o. daughter and we did feel a bit cramped in the room that had 2 queen beds and little room to move around or get any privacy when getting changed. i also found myself stumbling over luggage and shoes in the middle of the night but that's probably more a function of my family's proclivity to over-pack than anything else. they do advertise an indoor pool and gym but i found the pool to be more of an oversized bathtub with no room to do much else than get a soak. their gym consisted of basically 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike and a rack of dumbells. luckily we were the only ones using it at the time but its easy to see how that gym could get overcrowded in a hurry. finally, i was underwhelmed w/the breakfast that was included with the room charge. they don;t seem to have a true kitchen at the hotel so the hot breakfast consisted of these pre-formed, re-heated egg type contraptions that remided mo more of astronaut food than gourmet cuisine. they also provided pastries and muffins of you wanted but they were more of the gas station/7-11 variety than anything you'd get in a decent bakery. they did provide cold cereals and english muffins which are impossible to scew up and thet held me over until we went for a "real" breakfast. you can't complain too much b/c you're not being charged for it but i'd have to say this is probably the worst hotel breakfast buffet I've ever eaten at.

Lest anyone get the wrong impression, we were more than pleased with the hotel and staff. the breakfast was the only true complaint i have as the others were more related to the size limitations of the building than anything the people there did "wrong" and we'd gladly stay there again if we're travelling w/o our daughter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 22jms

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Richmond - Airport. Your reviews are so incredibly helpful to us as we are striving to be the very best hotel in Richmond. It warms my heart to know my staff was very welcoming and accommodating and you felt right at home! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the breakfast not being up to standards. I can assure you this is not a usual occurence at our hotel and I have personally educated my breakfast staff on this issue so it does not happen in the future. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! Your comments and reviews point us in the direction for success as that is extremely important to us.

I sincerely hope your poor experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future. Thank you for being our guest and I truly hope to see you again on your next trip to Richmond!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton Inn was superb. The hotel was spotless from the lobby/breakfast area to the fitness and business centers and the guest rooms. Rooms are typical with a flat panel tv, fridge, and microwave. The beds were very comfortable, but I hope Hampton Inn opts for larger pillows in the future (picky, I know). The hotel is well suited for business given its proximity to the airport and I-64/I-95/I-295. Although close to the airport, I hardly noticed any aircraft noise. The only draw back is the lack of restaurants within walking distance, although there are plenty just a couple of minutes away by car (as well as a nice retail area). Tonya, Nikki and the rest of the staff (who's names I regretfully do not remember) were beyond polite and helpful. They are some of the most courteous hotel staff I have dealt with.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank FNadeau
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Richmond-airport we had a wonderful experience. Staff has been very knowledgable and friendly. If we needed direction to a destination they would look it up and print it for us. At that time I did not know they had an office area. Each time we passed the front desk we were greated with kindness. The hotel is very clean and tidy which is a plus including the breakfast and dinning area. The breakfast food was good and the hostess always asked if we needed anything that was not availble. The down stairs restrooms are always stocked and clean. I know this because when went to breakfast and did not want to go back to our room so I just used the downstairs restrooms. I also liked the fact that they have an exercise room. There is a TV in there so that you can watch TV and work out at the same time. I asked several of the staff what happens when there is a hurricane (sandy) what happens and they reassured me that everything would be ok and that sometimes the electricity goes out but other than that we should be fine. The also told me that they had a back up generator so that the lobby would be lit up so if we wanted to we come down stairs. All in all it was one of the best experices that I have had. The outside of the hotel was well groomed and taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy O

Thank you so much for your review! I am so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us despite the hurricane Sandy. I know it's extremely frustrating and uncomfortable when the power goes out and I very much appreciate your patience and understanding. I am SO happy you enjoyed all of our amenities and our overall facility! Please continue to stay with us on your next trip into Richmond. We truly love having you here!

All the very best,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Typical Hampton. Good value. Very close to the airport. Free breakfast. No restaurants within walking distance, unless you are visiting one of other the other hotels close by. Lots within driving distance. Good service from the on site team.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review of our property! I am so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please continue to stay with us in the future on your next visit to Richmond. We love having you here and appreciate you very much as our guest!

Please feel free to give us a call at the hotel directly if there is anything further we can do to serve you.