“great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Fort Lee, Virginia
“great hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Richmond-airport we had a wonderful experience. Staff has been very knowledgable and friendly. If we needed direction to a destination they would look it up and print it for us. At that time I did not know they had an office area. Each time we passed the front desk we were greated with kindness. The hotel is very clean and tidy which is a plus including the breakfast and dinning area. The breakfast food was good and the hostess always asked if we needed anything that was not availble. The down stairs restrooms are always stocked and clean. I know this because when went to breakfast and did not want to go back to our room so I just used the downstairs restrooms. I also liked the fact that they have an exercise room. There is a TV in there so that you can watch TV and work out at the same time. I asked several of the staff what happens when there is a hurricane (sandy) what happens and they reassured me that everything would be ok and that sometimes the electricity goes out but other than that we should be fine. The also told me that they had a back up generator so that the lobby would be lit up so if we wanted to we come down stairs. All in all it was one of the best experices that I have had. The outside of the hotel was well groomed and taken care of.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy O
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us despite the hurricane Sandy. I know it's extremely frustrating and uncomfortable when the power goes out and I very much appreciate your patience and understanding. I am SO happy you enjoyed all of our amenities and our overall facility! Please continue to stay with us on your next trip into Richmond. We truly love having you here!

All the very best,

Tonya Hopkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Newmarket, Ontario
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Typical Hampton. Good value. Very close to the airport. Free breakfast. No restaurants within walking distance, unless you are visiting one of other the other hotels close by. Lots within driving distance. Good service from the on site team.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the review of our property! I am so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please continue to stay with us in the future on your next visit to Richmond. We love having you here and appreciate you very much as our guest!

Please feel free to give us a call at the hotel directly if there is anything further we can do to serve you.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn 1 night on the way to OBX. We were very impressed with the entire hotel from the very polite front desk to the IMMACULATE room with comfy beds. I have to admit, that I have anxiety with staying in hotel rooms from past bad experiences. But let me assure you that this hotel is a 5-star.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn! I will make sure to pass your wonderful comments along to my housekeepers, they work so hard to make sure our rooms are perfect for every guest and they will be so happy to know that their hard work has made an impact on your stay!

I hope that you visit us again next time your on the way to the beach, we love having you here!

Ligonier PA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The usual Hampton experience: clean property, comfortable bed, nice pool, standard breakfast. Surprised that king suite did not include sofa bed: rollaway $15 extra. Plenty of parking; a couple of malls within minutes. Excellent access to interstates.

Room Tip: King suite will sleep only two unless you bring own bedding or buy rollaway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Valued Hampton Inn Guest, I appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am sorry that you weren't happy that your room did not have a sleeper sofa in it. We are primarily a corporate based hotel, so we only have standard rooms one with a king size bed and one with two queen size beds. We do have rollaway beds available to accomodate for larger parties, and I am happy to know that the rollaway bed helped with your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this great review. We love having you here!

McAlester, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 2, 2012

One of the better Hampton inns and price was excellent! Very clean & comfortable. We were moving our daughter to Richmond, so will be making visits to Richmond in the future - this is where we will stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It really means a lot to our staff to know that they are doing a great job.

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed staying at our property and will be coming back. Being only 10 miles from Richmond City it makes us a perfect location for those who want to visit but don't want the hustle and bustle.

I hope to see you again soon, we love having you here!
Deale, Maryland
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here twice this week and was not disappointed. The staff are helpful and friendly, the hotel is clean and offers the high standard that you come to expect from Hampton? There are also lots of chain style restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Only a mile or so from the airport but plane noise was not a problem
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for our property. It is reviews like this that help us to get the outstanding reputation that we have. It was a pleasure having you as a guest at our property and I will make sure to let all of my employees that they have made another guest very happy.

We love having you here!
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Came to Virginia to visit my dad. This hotel was great. Worked out well that on the floor my husband and daughter were staying on was all young families with other small children. Hotel for being crowded was very quiet. The pool was great, chilly but great. Breakfast was better Saturday then Sunday due to option selection but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Another great thing for this hotel being as close to the airport we did not hear many planes which was really nice. Would highly recommend and would visit again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It makes me so proud to know that my staff has made yet another loyal customer!

I am sorry to hear that you were not as happy with breakfast on Sunday as you were on Saturday. After a very busy summer we have started putting some new plans in motion which will help our breakfast food variety very much.

I hope that you come to see us again, we love having you here!

Tonya Hopkins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!