“Great hotel close to airport”

Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great service (desk clerk found a real Coke for me!), very clean newer hotel. Airport shuttle service starts at 4:00AM--they picked me up at 4:57 and I was at my boarding gate at 5:15 (no checked bags) so very convenient to airport. Extremely quiet, never heard a noise all night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DKRMontana
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

I am so happy that our shuttle service helped make your travel plans easier. We pride ourselves in having prompt and effecient shuttle drivers who go out of our way to ensure that our guests make it to the airport in plenty of time to catch their flight. I will make sure to let them know that you appreciated their service.

Here at the Hampton Inn we value the happyness of our guests. The fact that one of my front desk clerks went above and beyond to find you a Coke product when our drink machines are all Pepsi makes me so proud!

Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed here as part of a volleyball tournament at the Convention Center. We were originally booked at the Hilton with all of our teams but they overbooked so they moved all the coaches next door to the Hampton. What a blessing! I didn't hear a peep for two nights, breakfast was not crazy and the room and service were both outstanding.

The hotel is less than 15 minutes from downtown and in an area with three other hotels. There is no restaurant but the bar and grill at the Hilton took care of us for dinner. There is a pool and workout room which I did not use.

The room was huge, had comfy beds and the bathroom was quite spacious. The frig and microwave are nicely hidden away and there was even a lapdesk for reading in bed. The internet connection seemed strong and the desk was large enough to study with my laptop and textbooks.

The service at check in was outstanding and I was most impressed with the morning staff who were cheerful and efficient. Breakfast is bountiful with eggs and potatoes one morning and sausage the next. The regular buffet selections are available, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, bread, muffins, danish, cereal, and a make your own waffle iron. The selection of tea bags and hot chocolate mix was a nice touch for the evening.

I believe they also offer long term parking and a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful and informative review. It makes me very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn, I'm so happy that the quiet surroundings, your room, and your breakfast met your expectations.

Although we do not have a restaurant here at the Hampton Inn we are always happy to send our guests to the Hilton Garden Inn right next door. They have a full restaurant and bar and offer our guests a discount on their meals, it is quick and convenient. Also, if our guests prefer to dine somewhere else we have a shuttle that will take them to any of the restaurants within 3 miles of our hotel. We make sure to keep our guests fed!

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and please keep us in mind next time you visit Richmond, VA.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This a very good place to stay, The staff is very help and pleseant. The breakfast is of great quality. and it is free.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for choosing The Hampton Inn Richmond Airport during your travels. All of our employees try very hard to make your stay comfortable and memborable, they will be so happy to hear that their hard work is appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast during your stay, we have recently implemented a new strategy to improve our breakfast and I am so happy to hear that it is being noticed.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review and I hope you return to visit us sometime soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

good night sleep, great breakfast.
Located in a safe area, the hotel very is clean, the staff is very serviceable; a decent Internet connection, and cable tv channel selection.

who could ask for more?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rexbo
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

I want to say how happy I am that you enjoyed the breakfast here at the Hampton Inn. We have been working very hard the past few months to make breakfast exceed the expectations of our guests, and it makes me very happy to see that we have been successful. I will make sure to let my breakfast hostess know that our efforts have been paying off! Thank you for your business and please feel free to come back to see us again!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Many times we find ourselves expecting more for less. We take our Dollar Store attitudes everywhere in hopes of finding the gem where the customer service is at a level “we” as the customer would likely never adhere to if we were subjected to a 12 hour shift of tired, grumpy, jetlagged travelers…BUT this one delivers – GREAT JOB! I always recognize the performers during my travels; however, this time I did not get her name - NOTE: for the management, we checked in around 8pm on the 21st of December and stayed in room 521. Immediately we were greeted with a smile, received our keys in less than 2 minutes (helps to book in advance) and were repeatedly asked about our room conditions each time we passed the counter. The receptionist was professional and polite, something lacking in most customer service centered businesses especially during the holidays. Oh and thank you for the fresh coffee. Moving on…

The rooms were a little dated – meaning the newer sleek style you may see in a new Hampton Inn was not there, but that’s more of an observation not a complaint. The bathrooms were very spacious and the walk-in shower – NICE – and please tell housekeeping “fine job!” The bed was comfortable, TV – good and the room comes with a fridge, microwave, desk, and free Internet (a lost amenity in today’s money hungry hotel chains). My only complaint with the room was the settings for the AC/heater. Now please understand it worked GREAT, but the only setting was either “jet blast or jet blast”. But in the scheme of things, it’s not something that would sway my choice of venue. NOTE: to the customer – the AC/heater controls are on the wall upon entry.

As for the dining option – a little limited; so order pizza or Chinese to your room, walk to the hotel next door and eat (get your 10% coupon from the Hampton Inn front desk) or just simply stop on the way and bring something. NOTE: there is a WaWa ½ mile from the hotel that serves sandwiches.

Oh and one last BONUS! The Park and Go (cheap long-term airport parking) is about a 2 minute drive down the road. The reviews on the Park and Go are superb; however, I will publish mine upon my return to pick up my vehicle.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

I am so glad to hear that my front desk agent went above and beyond to make your arrival easy and enjoyable. We try to make every guest feel at home the second they walk through our doors and it is very nice to see that it is appreciated, I will make sure to pass this on to my agent. I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding restaurants around the hotel, we have a list at the front desk of restaurants that are located within a 3 mile radius of the hotel (directions included) that I will make sure you get during your next stay. Thank you so much for this fabulous review, and please feel free to stop by the front desk to say hello when returning for your car.

Thank you for your business, I look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I meet a "special friend" at this hotel once every other week. We are always overly pleased with the clean, comfortable, and well stocked room we receive. Their breakfast is above the normal hotel faire, and is always appreciated. Although we are not a conventional couple, the staff has always been respectful and considerate of our every need. Kudos to Manager Tonya and her team!

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We appreciate your business and are so happy that you have enjoyed your stays here at the Hampton Inn. We vaule all of our guests' privacy and take pride in our ability to make their stays comfortable and enjoyable. Again, thank you for your business and I look forward to seeing you at the Hampton Inn in the future!

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We used the Park and Go package at the Hampton Inn Richmond airport for a trip to Orlando. The convenience of the hotel's location and shuttle service was superb. Our room was very clean and we had no issues at all with noise, safety and definitely no bed bugs. The front desk staff was excellent and very helpful during the check-in process. The shuttle was prompt to pick us up from the airport and even dropped us off right at our vehicle to unload luggage upon our return to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DizTravelMom
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

I am so proud of my staff for making your stay wonderful!! It is so nice to be able to share this review with them. I appreciate your time that you took to share your experience so other travelers know about us and what they have to look foward to when staying with us
Tonya Hopkins, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!