“Great staff. Terrible beds”

Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Manassas, United States
“Great staff. Terrible beds”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The people at this hotel were great. However, the restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner. If you are here for meetings as I was, you better hope that the organizers provide food. The bed was the most uncomfortable place that I have ever tried to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsford, NY
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Now that I have your attention... this hotel deserves your attention. It was a great venue for me and my son's volleyball team during the East Coast Championships!
This was my first time at a Hilton Garden Inn, and I would certainly try another! My overall experience and the great value I received for the affordable price paid - this hotel gets a 5! And I don't give out many 5's!
The hotel location was very convenient, with plenty of free parking, a few minutes to the airport and 15 minutes the convention center. It was close to restaurants and shopping.
Check-in and check-out was quick and accurate.
The staff was wonderful, going out of their way to help.
My room was clean and spacious, with nice furnishings and a work space with plenty of outlets.
The HVAC worked great and wasn't too noisy.
The bedding was just OK - not great. My feather-free room was prepared in advance.
The towels were plush. Lighting and Water pressure was adequate.
The food and food service gets a 4, but was a great value - I know, this wasn't a Four Seasons! They actually serve dinners and had a bar! WOW! And the breakfast buffet also included make-to-order items!
The public areas, pool, fitness and business centers were well maintained and brand new.
The only negative was the view from my room (#202) but hey, this is a hotel in an area right next to the airport! I didn't expect a great view.
Lastly, about the elevator thrill rides... these elevators need some fine-tuning with regard to the way they start and stop. It became quite comical during my stay, and many guests were joking and laughing about it. I mentioned it to the front desk, and I'm certain that a service call was made.
By all means, don't hesitate to stay here. Going forward, I will definitely look for Hilton Garden Inns in other cities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
durban
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Nice clean facility. Close to the airport for travel. Local restaurants are limited so room service is a good option. Good workout facilities. Beds are comfortable and hotel is quiet. Staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were there for the weekend for a wedding nearby. The area is safe, the hotel is close to other hotels in the Hilton chain, and it is clean. The room was sufficiently large and the bed comfortable. Staff is friendly and I really can not say anything negative as the experience was better than I expected from an "airport" hotel where 1 day stays are the norm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Seal Beach, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Every staff member from the free airport shuttle driver to front desk, restaurant/bar service, and house keeping was so friendly and courteous! Lobby was beautiful and welcoming and the bed was great! On my way home to California, my flight was cancelled and I had to get on another flight late at night. I was almost tempted to go back to the hotel to spend the night and leave in the morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

SALINA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday evening. We had spent a full day walking and touring area attractions so we were tired when we arrived. We were greeted by a very energetic and friendly staff person. She grabbed us a couple of bottles of cold water and promptly checked us into our room. The room was spotlessly clean and bright. The bed was very clean and comfortable. Everything in the room was lovely. We had not had dinner so we went to the restaurant on site and had a delicious meal, again with top notch service. The next morning we had breakfast, again on site. It was an extra cost but there was everything that you could want from fresh fruit to custom made omelets. We had a great experience here!

Room Tip: This hotel was close to the airport but we were not bothered by airplane noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

As with most HGI's it is clean and fresh. The thing that sets this HGI apart is the attention to detail and the quick action taken by the GM.

The only problem I had was a dirty iron (the biggest problem I find at most hotels). I told the front desk and had an email in less than an hour from the GM apologizing for the problem.

The restaurant is typical HGI, but the bartenders and waitstaff are great. Friendly and funny.

The front desk staff are friendly and helpful as well.

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!