“Hilton Garden Inn: Please review your housekeeping protocol!”

Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Pennsylvania
“Hilton Garden Inn: Please review your housekeeping protocol!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was mostly a positive one. After several calls using the Hilton Honors phone number, I was finally able to use my Honors Points. Kudos to the women who were able to change my reservation from a Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Richmond to the one by the airport. The Hilton Garden Inn in Sandston VA was located close to the airport. There was a Holiday Inn and a Hampton Inn on either sides of the Hilton Garden. Within walking distance was a WAWA convenience store and gas station. There were also a few fast-food restaurants (Burger King and Arbys) close by. The hotel lobby was bright and inviting, as was the restaurant area. Jay, at the front desk, was hospitable. A couple of complaints, however: The area at the base of the toilet was not clean (I recognize "evidence" of this since I have boys at home). I had to wipe off the area myself. Also, in the morning, the housekeeping staff started at one end of the hallway, tapping on doors and yelling "housekeeping!!" I thought my door would be spared as there would be record that I was checking out that day and would be leaving soon. No such luck...I had to bear the rapping and declaration of "housekeeping!!," as well.....and at 9am on Sunday morning, no less!! Granted, our "do not disturb" sign was not on the door. It wouldn't have really mattered, however, because you could clearly hear the housekeeping woman knocking and yelling at each door she checked (and she checked many). Overall it was a good stay and I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Airport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments as well as your honest feedback on Housekeeping. It is great to hear your over all stay was pleasant. I have addressed the 9 am wakeup call by my housekeepers with the management of that department to assure we stop that practice immediately. I am very sorry this happened to you however your feedback will prevent it from happening again.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn as your choice of hotels when you visited the Richmond area and we do look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Tammy Barker,
Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
King George, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Conveniently located near Richmond airport (RIC), the hotel has a great staff, is clean, comfortable bed & pillows ... what else can you say, oh ya, recently updated with a full line of DirecTV channels. Way to go HGI!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HGI-Airport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

Sincerly,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Clean hotel. Room was OK, get the suite to have some room. Housekeeping was terrible. $11.00 for breakfast ridiculous, for the rate they should have free continental breakfast. Pool?? why bother, small, over chlorinated and not ventilation. Exercise room was kind of a joke as well. Nice beds and pillows.

Room Tip: Get the suite for added room and pull out
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HGI-Airport, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide feedback on your experience at our property from your recent stay with us.

It is our goal to ensure that each and every one of our guests has the most enjoyable stay as possible and we are sincerely apologetic for any inconvenience which you experienced while staying with us.

We do apolagize for the disturbance by housekeeping Saturday and Sunday. I have addressed this with the Housekeeping manager to assure this does not happen again as it is not common practice at our hotel to disturb the staying guest that early.

As for the unattentiveness of the front desk staff I have also addressed that with the Front office manager to assure that too does not happen again.

Again I appreciate your feedback as it helps us in correcting issues like this so that they do not happen again.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in our area and please let me know if ever I am able to be of any assistance.

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When I called to make the reservation (2 nights) I was told that I could have a noon checkout on my last day. When I arrived, I double checked that I would have it, and they told me there was no way I could get a noon checkout and I must be out by 11am. The reasoning was that there was a full housechecking out that day, and they need everyone out. I'm pretty confidant that they don't have enough housekeepers to clean EVERY room exactly at 11am. We paid to sleep in the room, yet aparently 930am on a Saturday morning is adequate to wake up the guests for housekeeping services. My advice would be to wait until 11am on weekends. They also were knocking on our door at 930am Sunday, the day of checkout. We were checking out in an hour and a half, leave us be. Clean the room when we leave! I paid to sleep in the room, on a relaxing vacation, I didn't pay to be given a wake up call every morning at 930am. I work at a hotel and we would never knock on a door until 11am if the guests were staying over. It's just curtious!

The room was very clean, which was the positive aspect of the hotel. The check in staff was super nice, but unfortunatley that was the only time he worked during our stay. We requested cab company numbers and both staff at the desk acted completely annoyed with us when we asked if they had a reccommendation.

The pool was very dirty, and the whirpool was colder than the pool and even dirtier. I was disappointed. If you are simply looking for a clean room, they have them here. Try another hotel for a pool or whirlpool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotel m
Dulles, Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family of 4 stayed here on a Thursday night after a day in Richmond (on our way to Virginia Beach). It's a very nice, new hotel. I actually felt out of place being a leisure traveler because everyone else appeared to be a business traveler. The room was nice. Had a fridge/micro, which I always prefer. There isn't much around the immediate area, but it's right across from the airport. If you have to stay in the area, this would make a good base. We drove into Richmond for dinner at Station 2 Burgers (also very good). There are several restaurants in that revitalized "urban lofts" section of Richmond but you definitely need a car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting our hotel during your travels to the beach. It is great to hear you and your family enjoyed it. Thank you for your great comments.

We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here before a flight out of Richmond. The hotel is very clean and has the typical layout of a garden inn. Our only complaint is with the staff. We are Hilton honors gold members and asked to checkout at noon as opposed to the usual 11 am time. The desk clerk very rudely informed us that under NO circumstances do they allow ANY late checkouts. As gold members this is one of the perks. Guess she didn't get the memo. Next time we will stay at a Marriott which DOES allow you to check out a whole hour later if requested.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback on our hotel. I am glad that you found it to be clean and utilized our complimentary shuttle service to the hotel.

I do apologize to you concerning the staff that denied the late check out. This is in no way how we operate nor is it behaviors we will tolerate. I have spoken with the front Office manager to assure this does not happen again.

Thank you again and we do hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed one night before flying home. Staff was courteous, friendly but as a hilton honors gold member, we were not upgraded. Room was tight but no problem, just needed a comfortable rest. Was given two bottles of water when we checked in, and a complimentary breakfast in the morning. A computer was available in the 24 hour business center. Room was very clean and the bed comfortable. Did not have dinner at the hotel, but many nearby restaurants to choose from. Would stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you found your stay to be comfortable.

We do hope if you are in the area you will visit us again.