“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
charlotte
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to the airport. Very clean and the room service prices are very reasonable. Staff is excellent and on point at every turn.The room is very spacious and I like having nfl channel. My new airport stop hotel!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher A, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
The housekeeping staff were thrilled to hear about this review. They love hearing that their hard work and dedication, to making each room special, made your stay enjoyable. We hope that you stop through again some time soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel inasmuch as we were attending a New year's Eve party in the hotel.
The hotel was easy to find - right off Interstate 64 Airport exit.
The entrance was very nice with a small "roundabout" to keep traffic from snarling.
The lobby is spacious and pleasant, if a little stark.
Reception was friendly and check in smooth an flawless.
The room was quite nice - spacious and well appointed.
Bed were comfortable and the bath very well equipped.
The catering staff did a great job with the party - a combo wedding reception]New year's Eve party. My only complaint was that the meat station attendant sliced the roast beef too thick and eating it without a knife was a bit of a challenge. Other than that, the food was excellent (the beef tasted great!) and all buffet stations were kept fresh, clean and well stocked.
A great party and a great stay!
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room on top floor (six) and enjoyed the view and relative quiet. The airport is to the nort...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We absolutely enjoyed reading this review of our hotel. Our banquet team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests with every opportunity that is presented to them. Thank you for the words of encouragement and praise. Come back soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 days and found it very well kept. Service was good. Food was average in the restaurant. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Lots of hotels on the same street but I recommend this 1 if you had a choice.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Any guest feedback is extremely important as we improve from day to day. Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We hope to serve you again in the near future!
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Right by the airport, easy to find, rooms quiet - even quieter in the front of the hotel. Richmond easy and quick to get to (10-15-minutes). Wawa next door to hotel for most emergency needs, and gas station to fill the rental car up with before returning to the airport. Airport 4-mins away with easy car drop off and 30-minute cut off for checking in (most are 45-minutes). Hotel staff a delight and very helpful, with bar and restaurant on site – bar staff excellent – rooms clean and comfortable with all usual stuff line ironing board, coffee maker, etc. WiFi free with a good signal in whole of the hotel not just lobby area.

Room Tip: All rooms good but front of building would be your quietest
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the kind review. Looking forward to serving you again, whether it be on your next business trip or just for leisure. We love encouraging reviews!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I had a one night stop over and chose the hotel for its convenience to RIC (airport). I hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn in over a decade and despite the new build I was skeptical about the Holiday Inn brand standard until I arrived. The property is nicely appointed. My room was very clean. Check in and out were efficient, but the front desk staff was not overly friendly. We ate in the lounge restaurant and found the bar fare we ordered to be pretty good and very reasonable compared to normal hotel restaurant food (granted we were munching on burgers and chicken sandwhiches). Paula the server/bartender was friendly and efficient. My only two quibbles were a sign in room said toothpaste was complimentary if you forgot it and the front desk staff only offered small $5 tubes of toothpaste upmarked. I expected to be charged, but clearly the property deviated from what Holiday Inn advertises on its signage in the bathrooms. The second was a 3:30 am fire alarm. I realize the property likely had no control and it was likely a drunk guest who pulled the alarm, but the front desk staff member had to be asked what was going on and didn't apologize for the incident.

I did like that the property had a restaurant because there isn't much in this area of town. If you have plans elsewhere in Richmond this isn't as big of a plus, but if you are at the hotel to stay near the airport then this was a big plus over nearby Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express.

I would stay here again if I needed the convenience to the airport. If I had business closer to downtown I would seek properties closer in.

Front Desk Staff: 3
Restaurant Staff: 4
Restaurant: 4

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the thought out review! We love reviews that point us in the areas that we can improve. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I attended a one-day conference at the Holiday Inn Richmond-Airport and was very disappointed all around. Water was made available in the conference room all day, 9am - 4pm. There was no coffee available to conference attendees at any time. At 10am I asked the front desk whether they had coffee available and was directed to go inquire at the hotel's restaurant to "see if they still had a coffee cart available from breakfast." The person working in the restaurant simply said "no" when I asked whether they had any coffee or coffee pots available, and she suggested that I drive up the street to the gas station for coffee! A phone call to the main Holiday Inn phone number resulted in speaking with an agent who told me coffee service is the responsibility of whoever is sponsoring the conference and that I should contact them. And complaint posted on the Holiday Inn Facebook page resulted in a form letter email response with an insincere apology that I was "inconvenienced by the restaurant's hours of operation." I have been a guest and conference attendee at lower tier hotel chains and have never encountered a facility that did not make coffee available to guests - whether free or for purchase - at 10am! The fact that the best they could do was direct me to drive to the gas station at the end of the street is absurd. In the future I will be sure not waste my own or my company's money at a Holiday Inn. They are doing nothing at the local or corporate level to accommodate even the most basic requests - absurd!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 10 days in September this year and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at their hotel. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to assist us with our holiday. The rooms were clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant options were excellent especially their breakfast omlettes and suggestions with samplers from the chef were thoroughly appreciated, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and if in the area again we would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher A, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We strive everyday to learn what makes every guests stay special and we are pleased to know that we could accomplish that. Your review is very much appreciated and we would welcome a return from you and your husband.