“Worst Experience with Choice Hotels”

Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Revere, Massachusetts, United States
“Worst Experience with Choice Hotels”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

After booking with Choice Hotels COUNTLESS times and being a Choice Privilleges member, I have had by far my WORST customer service experience today with Comfort Inn Richmond Airport.

I called today and spoke with Alycia at the front desk. I was not accomodated in any way and I was not spoken to professionally at all. She was very arrogant and not once did I hear the word "yes" come from her. I asked for an early check in and she said "no," I then asked if I could come in and leave a phone number to be called when a room becomes available if any do before normal check in time and I got "I can almost garuntee you that no rooms will be available before 3PM." and my last question was if I could store my luggage at the hotel until check in time and she responded "okay, and then where are you going to go?" I worked at a hotel for 2 years and I would never treat a guest in such a way. Not onl did she not accomodate ANY request, she proceeded to call me "sweetheart" in the conversation. Her attitude was extremely arrogant and condescending. It was as though she felt she could speak to me how she pleased and found pleasure in the fact that when I asked for a manager, I could not be connected to one.

I asked for a manager or a supervisor and was told that there would not be another one on until monday?! I find it very hard to believe that there would be no manager present for 3 days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christa S
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I apologize for any issues that you had with my Front Desk clerk on 10/12/12. My understanding is that you called in ay 8 am to try to get an early checkin for a friend who was at the airport. You were offered a 12 pm checkin which you said was unacceptable. I am sorry, but our checkin is at 3 pm and she was following Choice guidelines and hotel policy. You would not give her your name or your friend's name when she asked if you had a reservation. You also stated that you had called other hotels in the area and that no one would cooperate with you.I do not have any record of you staying with us. I assure you that she was not trying to be rude or arrogant to you. I was not in the hotel on Friday, but I am always available in emergency situations. We strive for excellent customer service here and I am sorry if you felt mistreated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay at this motel. After reading reviews about many other motels in the airport area, we were a bit afraid to stay anywhere in the area. However, this motel was clean and a decent place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherri E
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We are very pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the positive review.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Have stayed here many times. Good business location, out of the city, but without the expected airport noise. Yeah, a few planes heard in the early evening and around 6:30 AM, but few if any night take-offs.

Functioning treadmill in the fitness room. Typical Choice breakfast with the fake eggs, but at least they keep hard-boiled eggs in the cooler witht he yogurt.

Room are clean, but need the new bedding upgrades and a Flat-screen TV. AARP rate was $66.49 + Tax. Not too bad for Richmond.

Would recommend for business travelers, but probably not for a couple with kids due to location.

Room Tip: First floor is s mixture of smoking/non-smoking. Not sure about other floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bizz-Traveler987
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We strive to give our guests a clean room and a pleasant stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed the night prior to flying out early. Was clean, up to date, friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
STAUNTON
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was booked here for a 2 week stay. I hated staying here even 1 night. I had cobwebs in the corner of my walls, carpet was so dirty I didn't take my shoes off, the checkout card from the last guest was still in the room and it looked like the bed had already been slept in. The desk person said that was the only room she had because it was race weekend. Since it was late I stayed there 1 night but never ever again. If I was Comfort Inn I would be ashamed to have my name on it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bmahaffey
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
I am sorry that there was a problem with your room during your stay. It was during NASCAR weekend in September 2011 and we were sold out and unable to move you to a different room. I assure you that the bedding was clean. Our rooms are completely stripped with each checkout. We are in the process of remodeling our hotel to improve our guest's stay. Again, I apologize for any discomfort to you.

Travelers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Clean, comfortable. Breakfast was good. Wireless internet worked well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We arrived after dinner and departed early the next morning for a flight, so for our purposes the hotel was adequate, however look elsewhere if you require a longer stay. The place is shop worn, and the common areas and hallways did not look clean. Our room was clean and the bathroom spotless, but the beds were very uncomfortable. At around 2am some homeless people were causing a commotion and having some sort of loud fight in the parking lot right under our window! We left too early to utilize the free continental breakfast, so can't comment on that. Front desk staff was courteous at check-in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pmcolorado
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I would like to apologize for any problems experienced during your recent stay. We try to maintain a quiet hotel and would have contacted the authorities to remove any trespassers. We will be renovating our hotel soon and I hope you will consider staying with us again.