“Just OK for quick airport stay”

Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We arrived after dinner and departed early the next morning for a flight, so for our purposes the hotel was adequate, however look elsewhere if you require a longer stay. The place is shop worn, and the common areas and hallways did not look clean. Our room was clean and the bathroom spotless, but the beds were very uncomfortable. At around 2am some homeless people were causing a commotion and having some sort of loud fight in the parking lot right under our window! We left too early to utilize the free continental breakfast, so can't comment on that. Front desk staff was courteous at check-in.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pmcolorado
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

I would like to apologize for any problems experienced during your recent stay. We try to maintain a quiet hotel and would have contacted the authorities to remove any trespassers. We will be renovating our hotel soon and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel room looked like it had not been cared for in 15 years. Dingy and dirty. Carpet was disgusting. Bed uncomfortable. Furniture old. Walls needed repainting. Dead bugs. However, the staff was friendly and the breakfast did look okay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

I am very sorry that there was a problem with your room during your recent stay. My goal is to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant stay. We have committed to totally renovating our hotel within the next 6 months. We should be finished by March 2012. If you are in the area, please consider coming to stay in one of our newly refurnished rooms.

Pat Armstead
Comfort Inn Richmond Airport

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here because we couldn't find a place between Williamsburg and Richmond. It seemed the least scary of the places near the airport. I was surprised at how comfortable it was, and we did feel safe here. I value a comfortable bed, a nice shower, and decent towels whenever I stay overnight in a hotel/motel, and this place rated well in all three areas. I think I may start staying at Comfort Inns more often.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Room was very nice, clean and well maintained. Staff was very pleasant. Location was great with easy access to the airport, which is why we stayed there. Free breakfast included waffles, eggs, saugage, biscuits, cereal, etc. Better than most Comfort Inns.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The location is good. Not far from the airport. I arrived after midnight on Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend. The shuttle runs 24 hours a day but it did take about 15-20 minutes for the shuttle to get there. The shuttle bus services a total of 6 hotels. I am used to the Comfort Inn in Rockford, IL so I was expecting the room to look as nice as the rooms in Rockford. The room looked like it has been remodeled but it just seemed like something was "missing". The walls look like they have been newly done but some of the furniture not so much. The curtains looked cheap and the tile in the bathroom had cracks and looked old. I have stayed at much nicer hotels but I would stay here again because it was only $50 a night with my Sam's Club membership and the room was clean. I had room 119. The staff is nice enough. It was pretty noisy in the hallway after midnight so I wore earplugs to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Just stayed here one night. We had business on the airport so it was very convenient. The hotel looked like it had probably been redone recently. Every thing seemed fresh and clean. Yes, there is an elevator. Not sure where one of the other reviewers was?

Decent little breakfast in the morning and friendly shuttle driver to and from the airport. I would stay again without hesitation.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Generally we have high expectations for Choice Hotels at least to be clean and friendly. This hotel at least had the friendly staff part down. We arrived at check-in time, 2 PM, and our room wasn't ready for another 20 minutes. We were exhausted and had a 3 month old baby, so the wait was a bad start. We booked a handicap room as we had a TON of baby gear and the hotel does not have an elevator, so at least this way we were guaranteed a first floor room. I also expected it to be a bit larger to accommodate all of the baby items. Completely the opposite. Other than the bathroom, the rest of the room my husband called the "bat cave." It was dark, dirty, and cramped. I have no idea how this could meet handicap requirements. We actually did everything we could to keep the baby from getting anywhere near the hotel bedding as I didn't trust the cleanliness. Went out to dinner which helped pass the time. Breakfast the next morning was okay, except there was not enough seating. We ended up sitting on a couch and holding the baby in our lap while we ate belgian waffles. I would have much rather paid the $30-40 difference and felt safer/cleaner (and I'm usually the frugal person). Originally looking for something to just get us through the night before our early morning flight, but this was not a good call on my part.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank jkreeves1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#8 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!