“Perfect Location”

Courtyard Richmond Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed March 22, 2010

The service at this location was excellent! I was greeted upon arrival and was acknowledge by my reward level. The rooms are very cozy and the beds were so comfortable. I was traveling all week with a colleague and had an early flight the next morning so I decided to stay at this location, since they offered free shuttle to the airport. The shuttle driver was very helpful and made the long 360 second trip to the airport enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank MDBey

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We were out from the west coast for business. I was able to ship equipment to the facility prior to our arrival. On short notice, I was able to secure a conference room to assess our equipment. Upon arrival to the hotel, I found that the staff had delivered the shipment to the room so that we would not lose any time in preparing for our operations the next day.

The front desk staff provided us with recommendations for dinner and made arrange to handle the return shipping of our equipment.

The team at this hotel exceed my expectations and went the extra mile to ensure we were able to perform our work to make our trip successful. As a loyal Marriott guest since 1982 (lifetime Platinum Elite), this experience will stand out as the best.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

We were very pleased with the excellent service from front desk to the morning breakfast buffet. Everything was nice and clean as well. Beyond our expectations. Great job to the employees.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Great experience. Clean, neat, roomy, friendly, good furnishings.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2010

The Courtyard Marriott is clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, and they're just a 3 or 4 minute shuttle (which is free, and done whenever you need it) to the airport. A good breakfast, free wifi -- just a good deal overall. And a good value for $99.

Reviewed December 21, 2009

Booked this hotel at an excellent Hotwire rate when a pending ice storm at home required us to leave earlier than planned for a Sunday morning flight. The night clerk was pleasant and very helpful -- making sure we earned credit for the stay with our Marriot Rewards and allowing us to park our car at the hotel for the week. The room was clean and had everything we would need for our stay; the complimentary shuttle to the airport the following morning was speedy and friendly.

However, our arrival back a week later was not quite so pleasant. It took four phone calls and 55 minutes for the shuttle to arrive from the hotel, located 1.3 miles from the airport -- 55 minutes in which I stood at the pick up point in the damp and rapidly dropping temperatures, with no explanation as to what the delay was about. While I understand that complimentary services sometimes are not perfect, this is unacceptable -- my husband had a severe respiratory infection, and I shudder to think what might have happened had I not insisted he wait inside until the shuttle finally arrived.

I was all ready to recommend this hotel based on our pre-flight experience, but our post-flight experience makes me wonder if we even stayed at the same hotel.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We stayed at the Courtyard for one night (half a night really...) earlier this week. My one complaint, had nothing to do with the room or the property. We were only there overnight for a 6am morning flight. For some reason, the front desk agent gave us a room on the first floor which was fine, however it was the VERY LAST ROOM at the end of the hallway....! We had to drag our two bags and one golfbag down the hall and back up the hall at 4:15am... (not fun).

However, the room was really spacious, the bed was okay. I always enjoy the separate sink, bathroom combo in Marriott hotels, so that's a plus for getting ready in the morning. The room had both a microwave and a fridge, so perfect for a quick reheated dinner. And most importantly, the shuttle took us to the airport (for free) at 4:30am... What more can you ask from an airport hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Courtyard Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!