“Always a pleasure to stay here!”

Courtyard Richmond Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Check in and out runs very smooth. Rooms are spacious, but be ready for a very soft bed. Grabbing a drink or a quick bite is available until 10pm. Very close to many other restaurants and attractions. They have an indoor pool and spa which I didn't use. See you all next year!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 28, 2013

A good stay in a well run and clean operation. Love the ability to get a glass of wine and quick meal in their dining area after a long drive. We have always been pleased with their service and accessibility to 95

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Needed to travel to Richmond, VA for a 3 night stay in order to help setup a new data center in the area. As I always prefer a Mariott property so I choose the Courtyard Richmond Airport. There are plenty of other hotel options just outside of the Airport but let me tell you that I certainly wouldn't be staying in any of them (yuck).

After a very difficult flight from Philadelphia to Richmond I arrived at close to 11:00PM on a Sunday evening. Quickly got my car and made the trip from the RIC airport to the hotel. Drive didn't take more then 5 minutes and before you knew it I was there.

Check in was easy and handled very efficently by the desk clerk. He made sure to thank me for my stay and acknowleged my Marriott Rewards status. My traveling companion is not a Marriott Rewards member so the desk clerk used my account number for his stay so I would get his points as well (nice!).

The lobby appears to have been renovated recently with the big touch screen that shows news, map, weather etc and was very clean. Next to the desk was their little hotel shopette that was well stocked with munchies and other item that you may need for your stay that you might need.

I was assigned a room on the third floor and proceeded to head up. The room itself was a little rough looking. Seemed like something that was deisgned in the 80's and not really updated since. Again, being a Marriott I knew what I was going to get. A clean room with a comfortable bed. The room was quiet and it was easy to control the tempature. Nice new flat screen TV with many true HD channels. A mini fridge was also in the room that was nice so I could keep my Diet Pepsi and Water stash cold while I was there. The carpet in the room as a little worn and appeared to have a few stains here and there. Internet access was available and worked well everywhere in my room.

Had breakfast my first day in their "Bistro" and it was OK. The Bistro really didn't offer a very wide variety (I don't eat eggs) and I choose the Oatmeal. It was an OK meal, filling but just average. The girl behind the counter at the Bistro was very nice and chatted with me as she was preparing my breakfast.

There are plenty of other opportunities for food and snacks just outside of the hotel. Leave the parking lot and go left you will find a Wawa. Leave and head right and you will find many different options including a Burger King, Arby's, Pizza Hut, Waffle House, etc (something for everyone).

In summary, the hotel is acceptable, the staff was friendly and I ran into no issues during my visit. I would likely stay there aging during my next visit to Richmond.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The property appears to be tucked away and peacefully secluded, yet is surprisingly convenient to area businesses. Good customer service on and off the hotel grounds. For example, I walked a little ways along the road to a local 7/11 store to pick up a few items. and upon entering the store a very nice, courteous gentleman in the familiar gray "Courtyard" attire asked if I was staying or returning to the Courtyard Hotel and advised me of the courtesy shuttle available to guests. I thought that speaks very well of the customer service and the employees of Courtyard.
my guest room was quite clean with sparkling white towels and linen. Very well kept bathroom. Additionally, a microwave, mini fridge and iron always adds tremendous value for me personally. One minus though - the mattress did have a "dead man's ditch" in it - on the side that faces the TV. Which definitely suggest the mattresses should be rotated periodically. And I like what they've done with the place. Very Good Value.

Room Tip: If you like the quiet serenity - request 1st floor rooms facing the courtyard. room 106 was a great...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DERRICK M
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is really nice and very convenient. We enjoyed our one night stay in this hotel. Our room was clean and neat. I really like the furniture arrangements in our room. People are really polite and friendly. Hallways are clean and smells nice. Dining area is clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located 2 miles from the airport. Nice location. Front desk friendly. Rooms nice. Indoor pool nice Would stay again. The hotel is around 8 miles from downtown richmond. Which is very convienant

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is great, clean and nice layout! I was flying out of the Richmond Airport which is 5 minute away. The hotel is conveniently located to many eating places. Being able to keep your car there as you travel is quite a savings. The rooms were quiet and clean and the staff so friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family