“Convenient to airport”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
North Carolina
“Convenient to airport”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A basic Marriott with very friendly staff. Limited good restaurants nearby but a good selection of bistro food was available in the lounge. Airport noise was not a factor however doors could easily be heard slamming but this was attributed to rude guests and not faulty hotel construction.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our first stay at this location was chosen for the nearness to the airport and the shuttle service there. Having a very early flight out, we were able to return the rental car the evening before, shuttle back to the hotel and then shuttle to the airport early the next morning,
Shuttle service was instant with no waiting and took about 5 minutes to be at the curb of the airline. Shuttle drivers both times were friendly, courteous and efficient. Registration was confirmed instantly upon arrival and a request for ground floor with our luggage ( we are in our 70s) was arranged before taking the rental car to the airport. Room was clean and with a fridge!
Bed was very comfortable. Nice setup for two people in that the sink is outside the bath area.Would stay here again any time.
Am in the Richmond area several times a year.

Room Tip: Let them know at registration desk of any room preference you have and they accommodate you whenever...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Nothing special about this hotel. It's a modernized Courtyard brand that has the bistro and updated interior. Clean and comfortable rooms on a street opposite the airport with a lot of dingy motels and run down properties. This is clearly the best of the properties adjacent to the airport. Walls are a little thin, but the room was functional and everything in good condition.

Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is within 1 mile of the Richmond Airport and shuttle service is provided. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable and staff was friendly at check-in. Breakfast was available for purchase in the Bistro. If you wish to eat elsewhere, there are other restaurants in the vicinity. Overall, this was another pleasant stay at Courtyard!

Yllwjckt1
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a lot, both for business and personal.

The hotel has undergone the same "facelift" as other Courtyards. whereas I hate the contemporary style, it seems to have brought with it a more customer focus on service.

The location of this hotel is very convenient to the airport. Whereas it is not on the airport property, it is as close as you can get.

In my description below, I describe a bad experience at this hotel. However, they seem to be much more customer focused in trying to accommodate me on my most current stay.

Recently, My wife and I stayed here on our way home from Williamsburg. it was not a good experience. Our room was next to an outside door and the people across the hall were in and out the door all night with their party. It took several calls to the front desk before things calmed down across the hall. To be fair, the stay was over the christmas holidays and I guess everyone was in a party mood. We just had to get up early to catch an early flight and couldn't appreciate the festivities.

On this most current stay, I asked for a room that was not near an outside door and the front desk told me when I checked in that I was not near any outside door.

Room Tip: Stay away from outside doors, elevators, and ice machines.
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay when I come to our Richmond facility. Everyone here is friendly and accomodating. Also very convenient to grab a bite to eat in the bistro. I will definitely continue to stay at the Courtyard every time I am in Richmond for my company. The room is large enough to do my work in the evening when I leave our faciity. Wireless works great! Thank you...

Weston, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff makes you feel right at home. I visit once every quarter and the staff really makes my stay so awesome. The rooms are clean which is very important to me. The staff aways makes sure they know who I am and what my needs are. I would highly recommend this Hotel if you are in need of visiting the Richmond ares.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor not by the elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Courtyard Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!