“Convenient to the Airport, Clean and Quiet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Richmond Airport

Courtyard Richmond Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Buffalo, New York
“Convenient to the Airport, Clean and Quiet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

Courtyard is about 1 mile from the Richmond Airport terminal. Though close to the airport, it is quiet. The property is clean and grounds are well-kept. Since my last stay here, the Courtyard has installed new flatscreen televisions in the room (guessing a 32"). Eating options are limited around the airport - BK, Arby's, Uno's, and a few local joints. Lobby and lounge areas are well designed and comfortable. There is a restaurant s on-site that serves breakfast.

Downtown is about 8 miles west of the hotel. Only takes about 15 minutes to travel there.

If one has an early flight or is arriving late, this is a good choice.

• Liked — Convenience to Richmond Airport
  • Disliked — Limited eating options
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Stow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

I stayed for one night at the Courtyard next to the Richmond Airport. The stay was exactly what I had expected - the exact same room, decor, amenities as every other Courtyard. This, in my opinion, is a good thing and exactly what I was looking for when I booked the room. Clean, comfortable, reasonable price.

• Liked — Very close to Richmond Airport
  • Disliked — Nothing - great stay!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Kingsville, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

Don't go outside at night. This is heaven compared to the Clarion across the street.

Typical Courtyard. Breakfast wait staff was slow. People staying at Courtyard should know ahead of time that breakfast is not complimentary- usually 7-10 bucks based on location.

The room was nice and clean. Front desk staff was attentive. Went to Walgreens one evening for some quick items and was getting robbed while I was there. Unfortunate. Go inside and stay there until the morning.

Stayed September 2007
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

We chose the Courtyard Marriott because the rate was only $99/night, which is a bit less than I've usually found at this chain. The person who checked us in was courteous and professional. Our room was beautiful, with up to date decor, high ceilings, and a fridge and microwave in the room. Unfortunately, even though the hotel is supposedly 100% smoke free, our room smelled a bit like cigarettes. The internet access here was good, it had a gym, and it had FREE laundry. They even gave me soap at the front desk. I was impressed by a what a good deal this hotel seemed to be. Until I had breakfast the next morning. We showed up for the breakfast buffet shortly after 6am, since that's when we were told breakfast started. We thought at first that it was complimentary, since it there was no waitstaff and the buffet didn't look much different than the free breakfast a La Quinta. But when we couldn't find the coffee and saw the tables of the restaurant laid out with napkins and silverware, we began to suspect it wasn't free. When I asked the guy at the front desk, he told me that it was 8.99/person. When the waitress still didn't show up, I asked the front desk where she was, and he said, "she's in the kitchen," like I was being a pest. When I told him I couldn't find where they put the coffee, only then did he call into the kitchen to tell the waitress there were people that needed waiting on. When she finally came out, she just stood there next to the restaurant entrance, after handing us the bill, of course. When I wanted to clear my plate from the table, I had to bring my plate to her. And it turns out you are supposed to be able to get eggs to order and waffles, but the grill cook didn't show up until later when we were about to leave... Given the fact that we had to pay $18 for this terrible breakfast service, this hotel was actually not a good deal.

• Liked — the room was beautiful and the person who checked me in was really helpful
  • Disliked — the breakfast was overpriced and the morning/breakfast staff rude, room smelled of smoke
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank lazy_engineer
Chesapeake, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

I had a good stay. You have a 24 hour free access to the gym and pool and free parking. The hotel was only 15 minutes from VCU which is why we were in Richmond (Freshman Orientation). There was also a microwave and fridge in the room. The rooms were pretty clean, and when we called the front desk in the morning about a broken ironing board, they came right away and brought a new one. The staff were very friendly. The rooms have balconies and on the bottom floor you can go into an outside area that is encased in a cemented fence and enjoy the weather; they have beautiful landscape.

• Liked — free parking, and close enough to downtown
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2007

We stayed at this hotel just overnight, leaving before 11am, so I don't have a whole lot to add, but I would second the positive comments in the other reviews. The place is new and clean and the staff was, for the most part, helpful.

Only down side was we asked for a couple of more towels and never received them.

Property appears convenient to the airport. We drove in from out of town and found the directions to be confusing, resulting in a couple of wrong turns.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — It was a place to sleep after a long travel day.
  • Disliked — Didn't bring towels when I wanted them.
  • Stayed April 2007
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2007

We ended up staying here by accident because we missed a flight. Because of our situation, the manager on duty at the time gave us a slightly discounted room rate, which we greatly appreciated.

This hotel is very convenient to the airport, and they have a complimentary shuttle that takes you to/from the airport. Our room was clean and well-maintained. We had our 9 month old son with us, and we got a crib (generic pack-n-play) with no problems. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave, which was REALLY convenient.
The bed was comfortable, and it was relatively quiet (heard a few airplanes, but it didn't bother us while we were asleep). The hotel also offers complimentary high-speed internet (also great).

The staff were helpful and friendly. Overall, I would stay here again if I needed to be close to the airport.

• Liked — Very close to the airport (10 minute drive)
  • Disliked — Would have liked an on-site restaurant for dinner
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Courtyard Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!