“always a great stay”

Courtyard Richmond Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Rooms always clean and comfortable, all facilities equally as clean. Staff friendly and courteous especially the bistro cafe staff. No complaints here. If you are fortunate enough to bag a balcony room, balconies do not have chairs and there may not be a chair in the room to use on the balcony. But it's still nice to have one even if the view is of the parking lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here free with points for one night while in town for a concert in downtown Richmond. There was a slow moving lengthy line for check-in, but the hotel was fully booked due to a wedding party and a marathon. Waiting for my husband to check us in, I eyed the lobby and Bistro area. The furnishings were modern and hip and most were in great condition. An eyesore, were the half circle booths with individual televisions, in the lobby area. Each booth had peeling seat surfaces. It was not slight peeling, but looked as if they needed to be refinished or taken to the dump. That was a negative in my book.
Our room appeared to be clean, including the bathroom. The furnishings were in great shape with little damage or wear. The room layout was a bit odd. Instead of the television directly in front of the bed, it was off to the left. It seems as though it could have been on the same wall as the sofa bed. It really wasn't an issue. The heat worked fine and we were able to keep the fan running all night to keep the outside noise down to a minimum. I did hear a few planes take off, not long lasting or disturbing. My one big complaint was the lack of trashcans. We always get food to bring back to our room after a show. There was a teeny trashcan without a liner underneath the bathroom sink. Our trash would not fit in there. There was no larger trashcan anywhere else in the room.
If in the area again and needing a place to stay, we would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CYRichmondGM, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our decor. You noted that our media pods were in need of attention. We had those reupholstered this week and now look like new. Your comments are invaluable in improving our hotel for yourself and all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Richmond area.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have always stayed at this Marriott when I come to Richmond and they did not disappoint this time either. I was pleasantly surprised with the new hotel renovations. They were very nice...I love the new colors and Bistro! Staff was friendly and check in was a breeze (and I used my rewards points for this visit). I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We couldn't have been happier with the staff, service and our accommodations at this Marriott. We have seldom stayed at the Marriott, (usually B & B's when we travel), but our stay at this particular Courtyard has made us think we now have another choice. My husband and I travel quite a bit and love knowing how well the Marriott treats their guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a very early flight in the morning. We mentioned to the Associate that it would be nice if we could drop our rental car off that night to save time in the A.M. She immediately suggested that we could do that and the hotel would arrange the shuttle to get us back to the hotel and shuttle us in the morning. The wakeup call at 4:30AM was on time, the shuttle got us there on time, and everyone was so courteous. We ended up just eating at the hotel and the service and food was excellent. I usually do stay at Marriott Hotels as they are consistently updated and clean. This was a surprise as I did not expect this level of service at an airport hotel. It made our flight out so much more relaxed and the hotel is a mere 10 minutes away from the terminal. Oh yeah, room darkening curtains helped also. Kudos to the staff and management.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great location! Great room! Great staff! I called for transportation from the airport. The car was ready for pick-up within 10 minutes. Very friendly staff returned me to the airport to pick-up my rental the next day! Very convenient. Your stay makes all the difference with you have happy employees!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed three nights. Very close to airport. . Easy check in, clean spacious rooms,close to many restaurants and nice sitting area in back of hotel. Did not use pool or gym, but both areas looked very clean. Greatest feature was the staff. Have rarely met such friendly, helpful, accommodating hotel employees. Especially Shawn Williams!! He will brighten anyone's day!

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel.