“Great Value”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Charlottesville, United States
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here originally because they offer park and fly for RIC. We found the room clean and the staff friendly and knowledgable. Upon return from our travel we stayed again and the staff again was friendly and knowledgable, very consistent.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MICHAEL B, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your very nice reply after your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could in exceed all your expectations, especially regarding the Park-n-Fly and our staff consistency is what we strive for. Please come see us again soon, we would be happy to welcome you in our Hotel.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

The staff was very nice. The housekeeping staff could be a bit nicer, but overall it was a good experience. Would stay again. Small pool, but my kids loved it anyway. The breakfast was much better than I expected. Coffee was good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MICHAEL B, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, as always our priority is our guest satisfaction. I am happy to hear that overall you had a good experience. Housekeeping is the hardest job in the hospitality business and I sincerely apologize that they were not as equally pleasant as the rest of our staff. I can assure you on your next visit that you will get the same 100% from our housekeeping staff as you do from the rest of our staff. Once again my apologies and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Generally clean hotel with pleasant staff but wilth some minor annoying issues like ac not being able to really cool room, room lighting weak, faulty outside door locks, inadequate food items at free breakfast, missing and/or furniture falling aprt in room, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you had reasons to complain while staying with us. We take pride in our hotel and never want to fall short on any guest experience. We hope you can give us a second chance, as our hotel have just finish renovation on all of our guest room. I look forward to welcoming you again.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Don't judge this hotel by its lobby! I must admit that the dimly lit lobby made me a bit nervous at first but once I got to my room I was super impressed. This was the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff were gracious, happy and helpful. I even saw someone taking a freshly pressed shower curtain to a room (I don't iron my shower curtain at home, do you?).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your very nice reply after your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your expectations were exceeded, especially regarding the room and our staff. I can assure you that our lobby is usually well lit and I will take ever step from this day forward to make sure no guest feel uncomfortable in our lobby. Please visit us soon again, we will be happy to welcome you.

Wheaton, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Very helpful, service oriented staff. Repairs were needed to make the room useful, but they were done promptly. Space is a bit tight but workable. The food was plentiful and of the correct temperature. Buffet service, when needed, was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your positive review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Guest service is of high priority to us. I was disappointed to hear that your room needed a few repairs and I send my deepest apologies, every room should be 100% ready for our guest at check-in. I am happy to hear that the issue was promptly resolved and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Once again Guest Service is our priority and hope to see you soon.

Lakeland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Hotel was perfect for the business traveler right by the Richmond Airport RIC. Price is right, several places to eat within walking distance or the hotel will take you to the mall area with a host of dining and shopping options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us, I am glad that we achieved our goal in making your stay memorable by providing outstanding services. Our shuttle services is just one of the many amenities that we offer. Hopefully on your next stay you will be able to get the full experience.

Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Even though close to airport, rooms were very quiet, nicely appointed and very comfortable. They are using large soap and shaampoo dispensers mounted on the walls which I am no fan of. In the process of pumping out the liquid, the entire container comes unhooked and crashed to the tub. Downside of my stay was 2 tour bus loads of teenagers whose arrived late and were a bit noisy in the halls. Worst part was breakfast -- or even coffee -- was unavailable in the morning as wave after wave of the tour bus(s) group overwhelmed the small room and hotel staff trying to stock food & beverage. After checkout, was disappointed to see one bus had parked all night crossways in the handicapped parking spots and the other in the driveway side making it difficult to get my vehicle out of my parking spot. No excuse, as hotel had ample space in their lot to the rear of the hotel. However, I would certainly stay there again as my accommodations were great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MICHAEL B, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay at our Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you had reasons to complain while staying in our Hotel. The dispensers mounted on the walls are all part of our "Going Green" effort and we do also offer complimentary bar soaps as well as lotions, shampoo and conditioners at our front desk. I am very sorry about the disturbance, tour buses and especially tour buses full of eager kids are always a "catch 22". We do strive to keep them in a more organize manner but we are not successful all the time and I sincerely apologize for that. We are undergoing planned sectional renovation and our breakfast area is our next project of expansion . I am happy that your accommodations were great and that you certainly will stay with us again. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!