“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Even though close to airport, rooms were very quiet, nicely appointed and very comfortable. They are using large soap and shaampoo dispensers mounted on the walls which I am no fan of. In the process of pumping out the liquid, the entire container comes unhooked and crashed to the tub. Downside of my stay was 2 tour bus loads of teenagers whose arrived late and were a bit noisy in the halls. Worst part was breakfast -- or even coffee -- was unavailable in the morning as wave after wave of the tour bus(s) group overwhelmed the small room and hotel staff trying to stock food & beverage. After checkout, was disappointed to see one bus had parked all night crossways in the handicapped parking spots and the other in the driveway side making it difficult to get my vehicle out of my parking spot. No excuse, as hotel had ample space in their lot to the rear of the hotel. However, I would certainly stay there again as my accommodations were great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
MICHAEL B, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay at our Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you had reasons to complain while staying in our Hotel. The dispensers mounted on the walls are all part of our "Going Green" effort and we do also offer complimentary bar soaps as well as lotions, shampoo and conditioners at our front desk. I am very sorry about the disturbance, tour buses and especially tour buses full of eager kids are always a "catch 22". We do strive to keep them in a more organize manner but we are not successful all the time and I sincerely apologize for that. We are undergoing planned sectional renovation and our breakfast area is our next project of expansion . I am happy that your accommodations were great and that you certainly will stay with us again. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
stuarts draft,va, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

The most clean hotel I have ever stayed at and the staff was very friendly. This is no exaggeration--I felt as if I were home that's how clean it was. Also we used the shuttle to the airport from this hotel and they were ready and waiting when we asked them to be.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

"Home away from Home" is what we strive for. Thank you so very much for taking your time out to send in such a great response. Being an airport hotel we do understand the urgency in catching a flight as well as having a good nights rest before a long day of travel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I am very please to welcome you again.

Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a layover, business trip, or short visit to Richmond. I have stayed here several times and it is always perfect! Hotel and rooms are clean, staff is very helpful, and the breakfast is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

With great pleasure I read your comments and welcome you back every time you are here in the Richmond, VA area. I will certainly share your comments with our staff. We strive for excellence and appreciate that you enjoy your stay each and ever time. Thank you very much! Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Sincerely
Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very nice hotel. Very nice staff. Rooms were very comfortable. No problems with check in or check out. Breakfast was really good and had a great variety. Used our free Best Western points, and still received a nice room. We will stay at this hotel next time we are in the Richmond, VA area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review after your stay in our Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our service, especially the our nice breakfast and the very friendly staff. We hope to welcome you again, next time you visit.

Director of Sales and Marking
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I attended a conference in downtown and staying here and renting a car (plus parking fees) was cheaper than what the within-walking-distance hotels offered. It was a great stay. I never had any problem while here. Everything was neat and clean. It is an older hotel so some of the decor is a bit outdated but that doesn't really matter. The breakfast was okay and what you'd expect from a hotel. I had no problems with noise (although be aware that the walls are a bit thin but I had no noisy neighbors) and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed a very comfortable stay. I would come here again.

Room Tip: The breakfast area can be a bit noisy in the morning so I'd avoid a room near there or the eleva...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice feedback, affordability and comfort-ability is what we strive for. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and would be very pleased to welcome you again, next time you visit Richmond, VA.

Best Regards
Sandston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at the Best Western Airport location. The hotel was very clean, employees were very friendly and the room were very cozy with great decor. Will definiately be staying there again on our next trip to Richmond.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your nice reply after your stay here with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that we could exceed all your expectations, especially regarding the rooms and our staff. Please visit us soon again, we would be happy to welcome you.

Best Regards,
Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Glad to rate this motel as one of the most pleasurable experiences I have had staying away from home, which is a lot! Highly recommend this motel for service, cleanliness and price! Stay went way beyond any other chain out there, and I was a Guest not a customer.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

"Home away from Home" is exactly what we strive for. Our guest are like extended family and we always welcome them with open arms. I am glad that you had a great experience and look forward to welcoming you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!