“Great place to stay...”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Missoula, Montana, United States
“Great place to stay...”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel August 1, 2013 and then flew out the next day home. My son flew out in the morning and I had to wait until that evening to fly out. The rooms are more than adequate, breakfast options were good. SInce I didn't fly out until evening, I spent most of the day in the lobby playing on the internet, reading and then watching tv. The staff was good and they had a nice lobby area. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. They are minutes from the airport, there is an Arby's next door and right down the block a 7-11 if you need snacks or supplies.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank You so much for your comments regarding your stay here at the hotel. I am glad we were able to host you and your Son while you waited on flights home. Im happy to see that you made use of hotel and all we have to offer. I hope that you will keep us in mind the next time your travels brings you to the Richmond Va area.

Have a Great One
Michael Brown, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Needing only a quick stay overnight near RIC Int'l Airport, arriving at 11:00 p.m. and departing the next morning by 10:00 a.m., I was able to score a very nice rate of $55.00 for this basic of hotels, a Best Western Plus property. The entire stay was fine, and met all of my expectations for the rate I paid. The front desk took no time at all to check me in and provide me directions to my room. The room was a bit small, but plenty big for my needs for the night. The bathroom was clean and offers basic amenities like shampoo, soap, and conditioner. The morning breakfast included run of the mill scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, very worn fried potatoes, and dry pastries. Overall, I would recommend the hotel for those who are budget minded looking for basic lodgings for a night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for leaving your comments. WOW $55.00 for the night, you really was able to score a nice discount. I am glad that your accommodations were to your liking, however i am not please to read that you felt our potatoes were worn and the pastries dry. I will speak with my Hostess to see if we can keep a better handle on such items., again Thanks for your time.

Happy Travels and many returns
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hotel was very clean but breakfast could have been better and room to eat in was very small. I was not impressed by front-desk rep. He had a bit of an attitude and could have handled my check-in better. Was not a good first impression. However, I did enjoy the beds, internet, and hotel was very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thanks for taking time to leave your comments. Yes i agree we do have a small breakfast area, however please bare with us, we do have plans to make changes to the breakfast area within the year. I am surprised to see that you had a negative experience with the gentlemen who checked you in. He is one of my best front desk workers as he also oversees the entire operation of the hotel. I will follow with him to find out what all happened. Hope to see you again soon.

Happy Travels
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Yes... our room was a bit dated. The place was very clean. The surroundings were very safe and comfortable. This was our first time in Richmond and the trip was made great by the hotel staff and all the people we ran into... especially Cindy, the breakfast lady, as our children called her. Will recommend this place in the future and will be back next year with friends. Thanks Best Western airport location and the people there for a great visit.

Room Tip: Rooms poolside are quiet. No airport noise or pool noise.
Dear Guest
Thanks for your great review. I am pleased to know that your expectations were met and that you had the chance to meet our Famous Cindy!!...Hope you have the chance to return.

Happy Travels
Pocomoke City, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

always friendly and warm greeting, Have updated rooms and carpets and working on outside entrance now. Highly recommend hotel near airport and downtown Richmond area. Have stayed here many times throughout the years on business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Mrs LW

Thanks a million for yoru comments. Yes, we feel the same. You to are like family and we are always happy to see that smile. Take Care of yourself and we hope to see you soon.

Moody, TX
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited Virginia for the first time. Our stay was wonderful here with the great staff, breakfast, & shuttle service. We stayed July 2 and because everything was good, we booked another night on July 9 before our flight out. The price is reasonable and everyone is so helpful and courteous! The "breakfast lady" is a delight! Breakfast is excellent & she is a good shuttle driver!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thanks a bunch for your nice comments. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and we lived up to what you expected and more. Yes, Cindy is a Great Hostess and i will pass this review on to her so she can read the nice things you had to say. On Cindy's behalf and the entire hotel we would like to wish you Happy Travels

Sandstone, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Hotel was not new and was not fancy, but it had everything we needed. It was clean, quiet, had comfortable beds and the staff was very nice. They were helpful and friendly. If you want a nice place to sleep and don't want to be overcharged, this is the place.

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for leaving your comments regarding your visit. As you stated, NO we are not fancy, but you will be treated like family. Hope to see you again soon.

Michael Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!