“Best Western! Great place to stay!”

Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Mineral VA
“Best Western! Great place to stay!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We just have to comment about our stay and the service at Best Western Plus in Richmond, near the airport. Super nice staff, rooms very clean and the park and fly service is above and beyond! We def recommend this place. Washers/dryers, ironing boards, etc...all would make for a great extended stay too!. Really commend this manager and staff! Happy holidays to you all!

Room Tip: no complaints about the second floor! :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sheboygngrl
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank You for taking time out of your busy Holiday Schedule to post comments about your experience at out Hotel.
On behalf of the Staff we are please to see that you enjoyed your accommodations and all we had to offer.
We look forward to Hosting you again.

Michael Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are looking for a reasonable hotel that is right near the airport then this is the place for you. The rates are very good the room was clean and even had a a pretty nice little breakfast setup in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hacker31
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank You for taking time out to place your comments online.
I am pleased to see that we met your expectations by providing you with a reasonable rate which lead you to staying with us. I am also glad that you were please with the product and the service.
we look forward to hosting you again sometime soon.

wilmington nc
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Although this hotel was classified as a 3 star I would give it maybe 2 1/2 stars The room was clean but pretty small Instead of a standard closet there was an armoire which took up a
considerable amount of floor space The breakfast was nice although the tater tots were cold
I am not sure I would want to stay there again but it was ok for the two days we spent in Richmond

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nillas12
Dear Guest

Thank You for taking time out to please your comments online.
My apologies to you for not meeting or exceeding your expectations regarding your room and the breakfast service. Over the next 2 years we will be making small changes in our rooms and throughout the Hotel. I urge you to visit us again next year this time so you can see all the changes we will have made.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am currently staying here, booked for a week. The people who work here are super nice and sweet. The place is a bit old, the free hot breakfast is kind-off gross. The bathrooms especially the tub is stained, but I know they clean it. The air condition and heating unit is very loud and keeps you up many nights, the little fridge is very loud too. Not to mention the air blows right on you so you can get sick (I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and stuffy nose that's still here today). BUT I can deal with all this, what I can't deal with is their cheap free slow Wifi. Since I'm here for a week, I needed wifi. It keeps going in out, and even when it's working it's super slow. I used up my cellular data using my phone's personal hotspot, and now I have to pay for overages! What is worse is instead of fixing it or looking for the problem, the MANAGER blamed it on my laptop! He felt that it was my fault. He insisted he comes up to my room to take a look at it, and even when my computer said "Limited connectivity" he was still insisting it was me and not Best Western's cheap slow wifi. The rest of the staff was amazing and very helpful, and they all sympathized with me because they know the wifi is shifty. Yet the manager did not take the time to listen to his staff and fix the problem, and now he has decided to place the issue on me- the paying customer! Because of this I would rate this place a zero, but the nice staff (not the Manager) has increased the rating to a two.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank You for taking time to leave your comments online. First of all, I am pleased that you were satisfied with the helpfulness of our employees. In reading your comments regarding your experience with our internet I see that you had an issue with one of my management team members. If you have time I would like for you to contact me offline so that we can discuss this incident further.

Gretna, Virginia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

OK, you know from previous reviewers that this property is undergoing refurbishment, so you may encounter worn carpets and dated decor. However, considering the low room rates, breakfast buffet, airport shuttle, and free parking while traveling this hotel is a very good deal. All the staff I encountered were very friendly, helpful and anxious to please their guests. From the front desk managers, to the shuttle driver and ladies who oversee the buffet and dining room they all gave excellent customer service. I will stay here again when traveling.

Room Tip: Do not take Room 112 next to the breakfast room. While very convenient to lobby and dining area, if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tamtalb
Dear Guest
Thank You for taking time out to post your comments online. I am pleased that you were happy with our employees, the room, breakfast, parking and shuttle transportation. Yes we are an older property but we try very hard to keep in maintain and welcoming. we look forward to hosting your again for your travel needs in the future.

Leeds,
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was a clean and comfortable stay at the BW plus, at a very good rate of £28 per room per night, I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you want, cheap comfort in a handy location. Ok, so its not posh but at that price per night you are not going to get it, but it is worth a look. We stopped for 2 nights and had no complaints. Free breakfast also which is a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Disneysg1
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to post comments online. I am pleased that you found the rate as well as the accommodations to your satisfaction. we appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again.

Vancouver, WA
Reviewed October 28, 2012

In reading other reviews, I have observed that the manager, Michael Brown, defends his hotel but all he offers are excuses. All I can say is there is no excuse for letting a hotel with the Best Western Plus marque to get as run down as this property is. The carpets are dirty and smelly, and just about everything is smudgy, dirty, tattered and run down including the shuttle van. We had a strong wifi signal but a poor TV signal resulting in numerous interruptions. The toilet in our room leaked down continuously and was noisy. The office chair in our room was broken, stained and very dirty. The vending machine was broken as well as the washing machine. The breakfast was pretty good but the room was small and crowded. The chairs were stained and dirty. All of the rooms were getting new flat screen TVs which is nice but what this hotel needs is a complete remodel. I would much rather stay in a clean hotel with an old TV than a dirty hotel with a new TV. It is convenient to the airport and has good rates.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest

First I would like to apologize not exceeding your expectations of this particular property. your comments and opinions are well noted.
As I always mention, there are many many issues that can be corrected and fixed while you are here at the property only if one takes the time to address them to a manager on duty. I say this because once you leave and go home the bad experience has already been set in your mind and there is simply nothing my staff or I can do to show you that We actually care about your experience.
Yes, this hotel is going through some upgrades, We have just upgrade our televisions and channels, over the next six months we have plans to make several upgrades and changes throughout the property,
Again, my sincere apologies for all you have stated, and I trust in the future we can meet in person to correct any issues and make your stay much more enjoyable.

Sincerely
Michael Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!