“Great Staff Make This Hotel”

Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed November 7, 2012

OK, you know from previous reviewers that this property is undergoing refurbishment, so you may encounter worn carpets and dated decor. However, considering the low room rates, breakfast buffet, airport shuttle, and free parking while traveling this hotel is a very good deal. All the staff I encountered were very friendly, helpful and anxious to please their guests. From the front desk managers, to the shuttle driver and ladies who oversee the buffet and dining room they all gave excellent customer service. I will stay here again when traveling.

Room Tip: Do not take Room 112 next to the breakfast room. While very convenient to lobby and dining area, if...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tamtalb
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank You for taking time out to post your comments online. I am pleased that you were happy with our employees, the room, breakfast, parking and shuttle transportation. Yes we are an older property but we try very hard to keep in maintain and welcoming. we look forward to hosting your again for your travel needs in the future.

Michael Brown, GM

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was a clean and comfortable stay at the BW plus, at a very good rate of £28 per room per night, I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you want, cheap comfort in a handy location. Ok, so its not posh but at that price per night you are not going to get it, but it is worth a look. We stopped for 2 nights and had no complaints. Free breakfast also which is a plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Disneysg1

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to post comments online. I am pleased that you found the rate as well as the accommodations to your satisfaction. we appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again.

Michael Brown, GM

Reviewed October 28, 2012

In reading other reviews, I have observed that the manager, Michael Brown, defends his hotel but all he offers are excuses. All I can say is there is no excuse for letting a hotel with the Best Western Plus marque to get as run down as this property is. The carpets are dirty and smelly, and just about everything is smudgy, dirty, tattered and run down including the shuttle van. We had a strong wifi signal but a poor TV signal resulting in numerous interruptions. The toilet in our room leaked down continuously and was noisy. The office chair in our room was broken, stained and very dirty. The vending machine was broken as well as the washing machine. The breakfast was pretty good but the room was small and crowded. The chairs were stained and dirty. All of the rooms were getting new flat screen TVs which is nice but what this hotel needs is a complete remodel. I would much rather stay in a clean hotel with an old TV than a dirty hotel with a new TV. It is convenient to the airport and has good rates.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest

First I would like to apologize not exceeding your expectations of this particular property. your comments and opinions are well noted.
As I always mention, there are many many issues that can be corrected and fixed while you are here at the property only if one takes the time to address them to a manager on duty. I say this because once you leave and go home the bad experience has already been set in your mind and there is simply nothing my staff or I can do to show you that We actually care about your experience.
Yes, this hotel is going through some upgrades, We have just upgrade our televisions and channels, over the next six months we have plans to make several upgrades and changes throughout the property,
Again, my sincere apologies for all you have stated, and I trust in the future we can meet in person to correct any issues and make your stay much more enjoyable.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is a convenient location to all Richmond attractions, Close to shopping and restaurants as well. The staff was cordial and efficient. The rooms were adequate with added refrigerator and microwave, plus flat panel TV in the room. The continental breakfast was adequate with both cereals and hot offerings, though the seating area was a bit cramped. Overall this is a great value in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mochips

Dear Guest

First I would like to Thank You for taking a moment of your time to leave your comments regarding our Hotel online.
The Staff and I are pleased to see that you found everything to your liking and that you had a positive experience.
Yes, we are not the Five Star Ritz Carlton but we do try very hard to offer you a comfortable accommodations with the basics to prepare you for your trip or business meeting, such as Your Room needs, turn down service, wake up calls, breakfast available in the EARLY hours, and the option of Free Parking while you are out on your trip.
I hope to see you again

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We needed a place to stay before a very early morning flight. The rates are reasonable, and they are located five minutes from the airport. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Our room was quiet, clean and everything worked. The decor was unremarkable and the furnishings were serviceable, but obviously not new. The carpet in particular was showing its age. The public areas were somewhat dated, but again clean with everything in good working order. The included breakfast was typical, with pre-cooked eggs and sausage. This hotel may not be as elegant or as modern as some, but they do an excellent job of accommodating airport travellers. For example, breakfast was available when we checked out at 5:00am, much earlier than most hotels. The shuttle bus was convenient and available to meet all flights, and they announced each shuttle departure in the breakfast room to make sure no one missed their ride.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments online.
The Staff and I are pleased that your found everything in order for your arrival and that your departure went well also.
Yes, we are a Great Hotel for travelers especially persons needing to go to the airport very very early in the mornings, with Breakfast ready and Parking for free and a shuttle ready to transport you at 4:30am.
I hope to see you again on your next visit

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Comforter-iduvet is LUMPY. I sent a picture to my husband he said it looked like the moons surface. Chair is stained, carpet doesn't feel clean. Hallways are dingy. Tired doesn't begin to say how neglected this place is. I've stayed at best westerns before while traveling for business and I have never seen the same conditions. It will make me want to never stay at a best western again. They havein the past been reliably comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your comments online.
My sincere apologies go out to you for not exceeding your expectations.
I would like to inform you as well as other guest that we have begun the process of updating and making a few changes to our rooms. Our Bedding package with duvets have pockets of cotton fibers and down feathers all throughout the insert which is why it puffs up, there are not lumps.
If you have any other concerns you would like address please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Arrived late one evening and we were leaving early the following morning so we needed something near the terminal, reasonably priced, clean and comfortable.
This hotel met all our needs plus the staff were super friendly . The shuttle service was prompt, breakfast was good and we had a good nights sleep.
The hotel was a little worn but it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank your for taking time to leave your comments online.
The Staff and I would like to Thank you for your kind words and we hope that we will be able to serve you again in the future for your travel needs.

Michael Brown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#8 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!