“Comfortable Hotel with Friendly Staff”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Chicago
“Comfortable Hotel with Friendly Staff”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Yes, this hotel is a little older than other DoubleTree properties, but my rooms here have always been in good condition with none of the issues mentioned by other reviews. I stay here occasionally and I've seen improvements - this time they added brand new TVs to my room. The hotel has the perfect DoubleTree beds, which is by far the most important part of my stay. On top of that, the staff is always super helpful and friendly, which can be a rarity for airport hotels. No, this place isn't shiny and new, but it's everything one would expect in a DoubleTree.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LoganHampton
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear LoganHampton - thank you so much for the kind review and the wonderful compliments about our team. We strive to provide superior service and we are so pleased you are happy staying with us. We hope to see you soon.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are looking old and need a deep cleaning. The rooms are big but not vey comfortable because the furnishings are old and cheap. The bathrooms never look very clean, I always find hair all over the floor and tub. The gym is fair.... The equipment is regularly out of service. The temperature in the gym is always kept waaaay to hot. The food in the restaurant is not very good. Very close to the airport. Many food options close by.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear JetBlueDriver - thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the issues that you have outlined. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was by far the worst Doubletree EVER. I have low expectations for airport hotels but this Doubletree was awful. My husband and I stayed over after a long day with family so we just wanted a clean room for a quick sleep before a 3 hour drive. I did not want to touch a thing! Avoid this spot at all costs!

Room Tip: No rooms in thie place are worth one dollar!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jeanine A - thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us. We apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. I would love an opportunity to hear about the details of your stay. I will contact you directly and look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you.

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

And hope the morning comes soon! The room had paint coming off the walls in large flakes. The bathroom had so much mold and mildew that I passed up a morning shower to just get out of there. The ice maker did not work on the first floor and the front desk offered little assistance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank WaveCrasher88
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear WaveCrasher88 - thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us. We truly value your input and will address the issues you have outlined. Again, thank you for your feedback.

VA
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I used this hotel for an overnight stay before leaving for very early flight the next morning. The staff at the desk were very funny. I was given a warm cookie upon arrival. I am a Hilton HHonors Gold member and was on the HHonors floor. The room was quite big. There was a sitting room with a couch, a chair, a coffee table, a desk with chair and a flat screen TV. There was also a flat screen TV in the bedroom. The bedroom and sitting area were pretty nice. The bathroom was another story - it looks like something out of the 70's. The lighting was poor and there was not light over the bathtub/shower, which may have been a good thing as there was black mold on the ceiling and walls.When I checked out there was no one at the front desk so I just tossed the room key on the counter. Overall if they updated and cleaned the bathroom I would rate this very good.

Room Tip: I didn't hear any jet noises even though it was across the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear TripinOnThe Earth - thank you for completing a review regarding your stay with us and thank you for the compliments about our team members. We will address the bathroom issues you mentioned and apologize that there was no team member at the desk to see you off. Thank you again and we hope to be able to welcome you back.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a Hilton honors member, I love the benefit of staying at this hotel. It was great for the value. The feedback given was welcomed by management. I love the breakfast, so make time to stay and enjoy.my son was on his way back to college and stopped off for a night of sleep, workout, etc and he had lots of kind things to say.

Room Tip: Join hhonors, stay for breakfast
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Jackie A - thank you so much for the review of your recent stay with us and for being a loyal guest and Hhonors member. We will share your comments with our staff and hope to see you again soon!

Mt. Juliet, TN
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have never taken the time to write a Trip Advisor review, however, I felt the need to warn others considering this property. As a Hilton Diamond member I was amazed at the horrific condition of the hotel. My shower had mold growing in it, mold on the bathroom floor, dirty windows, etc. Even though I had the 'do not disturb' sign on my door, housekeeping repeated berated on it at 8:30 and 11am without an apology. The front restaurant staff was extremely friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeff M - thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we apologize that your stay was disappointing. We will certainly address the issues and concerns you have outlined. We thank you again for your feedback.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!