“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Chesapeake, United States
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel has been updated. Some reviews gave it poor marks due to outdated rooms, but my room had two flat screen televisions, granite countertop in bathroom, etc... Hotel has been updated. The breakfast was very good and had options that would satisfy every possible appetite. Nice shopping and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Chris K - thank you so much for the excellent review of your recent stay with us. Thank you also for noting the upgrades we have made to our property. Your input is extremely valuable to us. We hope to welcome you again soon.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Savannah, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I left this hotel after my one nights stay itching. I got in late and only wanted to sleep before my early morning trip. The hotel is under renovation and clearly needed. It is in desperate need of updating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Teon W - Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. We are truly sorry that your experience was not completely satisfactory. If you could please email me the details of your stay, I would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Thank you.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com

Travelers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We just got back from a trip to the East Coast and, having flown into the Richmond, VA Airport, we decided to book a room at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Airport. Though we arrived extremely late at night, we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff. Upon checking in, we were given some absolutely delicious and tantalizingly warm cookies as a nice welcome to the hotel. (Our girls raved about the cookies!) The rooms were comfortable, but, unfortunately, we found a few crumbs around indicating the cleaning staff had cut a few corners preparing the room for our crew. Other than that, the hotel was adequate for our needs and we were happy for a place to rest our heads in a convenient location -- just a few blocks away from the Richmond Airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Susan W. Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the kind compliments about our staff and those delicious cookies! We are looking into the issue that you mentioned and will take corrective action. Thank you again and we hope you will return.

FLL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have done reviews for tripadvior from 15 or so different cities over a period of five years or so. I point this out to lend credibility to the fact that I am a real traveler writing a real review. I stayed here in late July 2013. The room was more than clean and every excellent brand standard was upheld. The furnishings were modern and the bedding pristine. I had read some previous reviews on this hotel and was frankly curious to see if some of them were bogus. So when I arrived I looked around for any criticisms and could find none whatsoever. The only item that might be considered a minor shortfall if that the bathtub and caulking around the tub is somewhat older. The hotel is not brand new, but by no means is it lacking in any cleanliness or crispness. Honestly, I sometimes wonder how staff can muster the strength to go to work at these hotels, sometimes. It seems I see some of the worst complainers on this website and I wonder how employees keep from being discouraged and being so darned nice and helpful every time I walk up to their front desks. I had just arrived from a 15-hour drive up the interstate and felt so welcomed and coddled. The staff did a knockout job of erasing a long battle with endless traffic. It just doesn't get any better than this, folks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Iaud - thank you so much for the fantastic review! We truly appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that your stay with us was excellent. We hope to see you again!

Thank you!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is being renovated. The hotel is a little outdated and needs the face lift. They have nice big suites with a living room and a bedroom. This hotel is very quiet considering it is next to the airport. The drive to the airport is about 5 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jacburn - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you found our location (the closest to RIC and not in the air path) convenient. We hope to see you again soon.

Richmond, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is by far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are outdated and very disgustingly unclean. I felt like I needed a bath from the moment I stepped in my room however the shower drainage was slow so when I did take a shower I found myself standing in a puddle of dirty water..ICK! I asked to change my room and the next room was just as dirty. Seriously this was the worst experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Betty I
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Betty I - because you are an employee at one of our competing hotels and stayed here through the employee travel program, we have contacted the General Manager at your property and she has assured us that she will have your review removed as it is not considered valid. Thank you.

Belton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. The staff are super nice and professional. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. Less than 3 miles from the airport. There is a managers reception for club members. The bar and dining area are very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Balucanb - thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!