“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Centennial, Colorado
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked in and was given a room that smelled of cigar smoke. They then gave me a "suite" that was "old and tired". The heat did not work very well, in fact the lobby and resteraunt were very cold also. I had very old TV's in the room and the reception was poor (fuzzy). The hotel is undergoing a renovation, but this room obviously had not gotten one yet. As a Hilton Diamond member, I was not given my ammenities when I checked in. Lobby cold and unfriendly. Front desk staff did not seem to care. At this point the only good thing is that it is so close to the airport, but I doubt that I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear B.B. - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for being a valued Diamond member. We appreciate your input and want to let you know that we are addressing the issues that you have outlined. We hope that if your travel needs bring you back to the Richmond Airport area, that you will give us another try and stay with us.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just this past weekend I was left stranded in the Richmond Airport (RIC) due to a snow storm that forced the airport to shut down. I called every hotel that the airline gave me and no one was more accommodating that the DoubleTree by Hilton by the airport! They were the last ones on my list to call and were the most reasonable! The gentleman at the desk sent a shuttle over immediately and check-in was quick, simple, and easy. The desk agent also offered me a warm chocolate chip cookie with a much needed bottle of water! Since I was in need of food, he even recommended the restaurant and their food was excellent! I had horrible luck with the airlines my entire trip but this hotel stay made up for all my troubles. It was one night that I did not have to sleep in an airport and for that... I am grateful! :)

Room Tip: I was in a suite at the corner of a hallway. I did not hear anyone else in the rooms next to me.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear NCA84: Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate your input and hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the Richmond Airport area.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with my stay here. The heater was broken in the only room available so I had to find another hotel. The hotel suggested I go down the street, but the place they suggested was not equivalent.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Hchedrick - Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize for the inability to place you in another guestroom on the evening of your stay. I hope that if your travel needs bring you back to the Richmond Airport area, you will give us another try. Please contact me at stacy@doubletreerichmond.com if you have any additional comments or if you decide to stay with us in the future. Thank you.

Stacy P.

Travelers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Coral Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

It is very conveniently located at the airport but that is where the good stuff ends. This hotel does not stay with Hilton standards. Everything is outdated and tired. The breakfast is excellent but that was the best part of our stay. There are even old fuzzy TV's in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Ron D. Thank you for your review. We are currently addressing the issues you mentioned in your review and hope that in the future, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Rice VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been to this hotel several times for conferences but have never stayed overnight. This time I did. It was clean and convenient yet nothing out of the ordinary. As other reviewers have pointed out, it needs an upgrade. The bathroom was clean but needed to be overhauled - the grout looked stained and shabby. Beds were comfortable, heat/ac was easily adjusted and not too noisy. What was excellent about this place was the front desk people. Sierra was very helpful and accommodating and then the next day there were two young men who were pleasant and efficient. This hotel used to be one of the few in the area. If they want to compete, there needs to be some serious remodeling and a thorough cleaning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for submitting a review and for the kind comments regarding our staff. We hope that you will visit us again.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hotel is old and showing its age. The hotel layout and room configuration is old and out dated. This hotel is not up to the Hilton Double Tree standard, it definately needs renovation. I choose this hotel for its location (which is fantastic in relation to the Richmond airport) but was disappointed with the overall quality. Next time I will be staying at the new Hilton Garden inn a half mile down the street, the longer distance from the hotel (not much really) is more then made up with in a much higher quality facility.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Michael K. Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We are currently addressing the issues you have outlined in your review and hope that if your trvel needs bring you back to the Richmond Airport area, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed one night after visiting my mom in Williamsburg. Proximity to airport was a plus with a 6am flight. However the hotel is tired and worn...musty smell in rooms...and not worth the price paid. Selected based on brand and location...not even close to what I expected for a Double Tree. Many areas of disappointment and I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms tired and worn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cecelia B
Stacy P, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Cecilia B. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your input and are currently addressing the issues you have outlined. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!