I have now stayed three times at the Doubletree Hotel at the Richmond Airport. I travel to Richmond once each month and am a loyal Hilton Diamond customer. So I nearly always choose a Hilton aligned property. Consequently, I have stayed at each of the five hotels at the airport and can honestly say that this is the most consistently mediocre. The rooms are basic and dark. You can't park near your room and the clunky elevators are frustrating.
The staff is friendly, but don't solve problems or recognize your brand loyalty. Twice I stayed here (most recently in January 2013) and booked well in advance. Though I got a great sale rate, I usually expect a good room. Instead, when I checked in, I was given the most basic room in the back corner farthest from the front door. I was forced to lug all my Army gear into the lobby and through the long corridors. . .making several trips.
My suggestion would be to stay at the Homewood Suites (actually nearer the airport) or the Hilton Garden Inn. Both are more friendly, new and accommodating in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closet hotel to the Richmond International Airport. Complimentary shuttle within a three mile radius. On site restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Richmond Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Richmond Airport
- Doubletree Sandston
- Doubletree Hotel Sandston
- Sandston Doubletree