“Nice hotel on the airport's front door.”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Virginia
“Nice hotel on the airport's front door.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

A nice place to stay when you're flying in/out of Richmond airport. It sits between two of the remote parking lots directly across from the terminal, which means you don't have to budget in travel time getting there before your flight--perfect for those early morning flights. The rooms are quite and comfortable. Lots of places to eat within five minutes of the hotel--haven't tried the hotel restaurant yet though. Park & fly is a nice option too. My favorite place to stay when flying in/out of Richmond.

Room Tip: Groups' guest rooms tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ken_Porter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
canton, ct
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I were traveling from Connecticut to Hilton Head and, at the last minute, decided to stop in Richmond for the night. We called around and were quoted an amazing rate for a suite by the Doubletree. While I was a bit skeptical that the room would be "OK" for such a low price, I'm a long-time Hilton traveler so we decided to give it a go. As mentioned by OSU-Sux and a few other people, the folks at the front desk are just amazing -- including one gentleman (Bruce?) who was just so welcoming and accommodating. I mentioned that we needed a quiet location and he went to great pains to put us on the top floor and extreme opposite end from the dining room and bar so that night's jazz music wouldn't disturb us. He encouraged us to take the free fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and asked if we needed any dining suggestions. The room was a great value for the price and was clean and very well maintained. If we pass through Richmond again, we'll definitely plan to stay here where our business was clearly appreciated. And thanks, Bruce (I sure hope I have the name right)!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank airventure_visitor
Atlanta
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Hilton Honors member The rooms are spacious outdated tes but the entire staff makes it up 1000 percent! The food is great and the bartender Joyce is one of a kind. From the time of check in was so friendly the rooms again are nothing to write home about as a buisness traveler, No flat screens paint in rooms are chipping but the service is 2nd to none. Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bshaw1211
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Generally I have been happy with Doubletrees in the past, and this one was OK, but with some definite negatives. The front desk and room service staff were terrific, and the room service itself was very, very good by hotel standards. You just can't beat the location at the airport, and their weekend rate is quite good. The bed was comfortable with mostly all-white coverings, which I like. The big negative though is the rest of the room. Definitely needs some TLC. The shower/bathtub was old with cracking grout, the rest of the decor is not quite dated, but getting close. The in-room fridge froze my drinks solid, and the TV was a joke. I can get over not having a hi-def set a little while longer (although hotels really need to upgrade), but what was there didn't work well. After a long day of travel, I just wanted to relax, but the picture was very dark, kept losing satellite reception, had many "snowy" channels, and the "on-demand" features did not work. In addition, at times, the wireless internet was sloooow. The result of all this is an average hotel, which I would only visit again as long as the rate remained very attractive, but I wouldn't pay a premium.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My wife and I travel a lot and this is by far the best hotel we have stayed at in a long time. I can see why several of our friends recommended this hotel so highly! We quickly got close with the staff as they are so caring and outgoing...from the desk, to the housekeepers, restaurant, lounge-Jazz night staff, to the van driver who took us over to the airport for our flight in their courtesy van at 4:30 am,you have a great staff! Thanks for having a special rate for leaving your car and flying out. We will definitely be back to our home away from home!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank southernsnowbird
California
Reviewed March 20, 2011

You can literally walk across the street from the airport and be at this hotel. Another plus, the staff is extremely helpful with that southern hospitality. Lobby, restaurant, bar, business center all nice. However, once you enter your room, it's like you're in another place. Clean, neat, comfy beds but definitely could use some updating. I actually laughed while taking a shower looking at the tile job--looks like a 7 -year-old did it...slanted with very messy grout lines. Workmanship throughout - caulking, baseboards is just very sloppy. Not a good impression. Windows DON'T open - a huge pet peeve of mine and the room smelled of a sickening sweet carpet spray or room deodorizer, which always makes me wonder what smell they're actually trying to cover up. Oh and be sure to bring ear plugs because the walls are paper thin. I could hear every word of the conversation in the room next to me! I know I'm being picky b/c it was comfortable, but updating the rooms would go a LONG way!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We staryed here because I was celebrating my birthday in Wings Lounge. The rooms are comfortable and clean. ALL of the staff that I encountered are very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Our only complaint is that the beds are a bit small for 2 people to rest comfortably and also they could use updated vending machines.......

Great price for comfortable stay

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tad021478
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!