“Very good food, but not express”
Review of Tokyo Express

Tokyo Express
Ranked #57 of 105 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while traveling from Washington D.C. It was certainly better than fast food, but we hoped that being named Tokyo Express meant it would be served fairly quickly. It was not. From the time we ordered until we got our food was 20 minutes. It was very good food and I would recommend eating there as long as you know what to expect .

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Express

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very fast service. Soup is sooo yummi! The owner is very nice and portions are huge! Great selection. Shrimp sauce is great!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

When we are in the Salem area THIS is the place we want to eat. We ate here 2 days in a row. It is healthy, cooked when you order, fast and cheap. Amazing food and good service. Tip: the drive-through does not offer kids' menu ($3.25 inside) or give the free Miso soup which my family loves. Save gas, go inside!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I no longer recommend this restaurant. Prices have risen, meals are smaller, and they have changed my favorite dipping sauce, to something that is almost like water. Will never eat here again.

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I usually eat lunch here anytime I'm in Salem on business. Service is quick and friendly and you get a lot of food for the money. Quality of the food is very good. They have a large selection of sushi. Great iced tea too!

Been to Tokyo Express? Share your experiences!