“Beautiful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Burwell Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn at Burwell Place
You added Inn at Burwell Place to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I were here just one night, but it was a wonderful stay! The room was beautiful and had a sleeping porch which was lovely. Cindy Lou is friendly and inviting, and the inn itself is quiet and extraordinarily comfortable. It's also a great location - you can walk down Main St and enjoy a nice dinner (and some drinks!) and stroll back. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are three rooms - we stayed in one of the suites which was quiet spacious.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WMS-SD

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I were married at The Burwell in 2010. It was the most stress-free wedding imaginable. Because we had such a marvelous experience, my husband decided to reserve the same wedding room for our four-year anniversary. Once again, the Inn doesn't disappoint. Cindi Lou exudes her "joy of life" buoyancy and the Inn is as beautiful as we remembered. The Miele coffee and the breakfast basket never disappoint. This Inn gives you enough privacy and all the accommodations anyone could wish for. Each room is elegantly and authentically decorated yet allows us to feel very comfortable and welcomed. We plan to return and celebrate our marriage/wedding in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lorie M
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We (grandma and mom from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, visiting my college student daughter) had a wonderful stay at the Inn at Burwell place in October 2013. It truly is a little gem, a very charming house filled with warmth and cozyness, well located close to the Roanoke College campus. Innkeeper Cindy Lou is FANTASTIC! She was always ready to help out, provided excellent advise and served perfect breakfasts and wonderful coffee (home baked goods, like muffins and bananabread, always accompanied by some fresh fruit).We had a lot in common with Cindy Lou, which also resulted in wonderful talks. It really felt like a home away from home and I can only advise every Roanoke College parent or grandparent to stay at the Inn at Burwell Place!

Room Tip: Room #2 is a perfect room for 3 people, it has a separate bedroom for the third person, very handy a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yvonne H
Boones Mill, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed at Inn at Burwell Place many times..we absolutely love the personal touch the owners put into making our stay a very memorable and enjoyable one. The rooms are wonderfully decorated and inviting. We love the beautiful front porch and gardens in the back. Very convenient to downtown, yet in nice private setting. Always look forward to staying there!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Coming to Roanoke/Salem for medical school interviews was nerve-racking, yet the plush and comfortable setting of the Inn at Burwell Place combined with the incredibly warm and kind reception from the owners turned what could have been a stressful weekend into an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable trip.

The rooms are pristine, full of historic details, and have an undeniable charm to them. The downstairs area is perfect for lounging or chatting with the other guests, and the rocking chairs on the front porch bring out the residence's undeniable Southern touch. My husband and I truly enjoyed the time we spent on that porch, sipping tea and espressos (yes, there's a Nespresso machine!), and swinging in the hammock.

Rivaling the charm of the house, the service of the Inn is excellent. We felt genuinely cared for, and the dining recommendations we received from our hosts were spot on! A phenomenal dinner followed by great conversations at the Inn, and a clean, crisp, welcoming room to come home to. What an evening it was!

Ultimately, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Roanoke or Salem, VA. It's a home away from home. Only better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful B & B in Salem VA conveniently located to Roanoke College Campus. The hotelier does a great job of making you feel welcome and provides any amenity you may need! The room we stayed in had a private bathroom which included shampoos, soaps, hairdryer etc. Snacks and cold beverages were available all day in the hall. Comfortable beds and good pillows! Beautiful Garden and nice front porch! They gave us darling brown bag snacks for the road which included fruit and home made scones and water!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kstravlr2443
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I looked at many venues before selecting one to host our wedding reception. I just have to say that the Inn at Burwell Place couldn't have been a better choice. Cindy Lou (the wonderful woman that made my vision a reality), was a pleasure to work with. We had a creative meeting in the beginning where she asked about all the aspects of my wedding, my expectations for the reception, and the "honeymoon suite". She was attentive to both my wants and budget and somehow found a happy medium between the two. The grounds were beautiful! The open brick patio was the perfect location for dancing and the front lawn was scattered with small, socializing tables. The house itself was spacious and possessed a rare antique charm. It has quite a bit of history behind it and the owner was only too happy to share this information.

The Inn made my reception memorable and the best part was getting to spend our first night as husband and wife in a prized suite. The bed was high off the ground (they even have the little step stools to help you get into it okay) and extremely soft. I slept like a baby during my nap and the night. We even had the entire upper floor to ourselves so when we got restless around midnight, we headed into a second suite where we were told we could use the jacuzzi tub. It had a couch in the room and was an overall relaxing experience.

We awoke the next morning to a breakfast of delicious, oversized muffins. What a wonderful way to start the day! Especially since we had a four hour drive to Pigeon Forge, TN planned. I do hope to get the chance to return. Maybe on our anniversary? Hint, hint honey!

I have pictures of this location but since they were taken by a professional photographer, just message me if you'd like to see them. I was given a copyright release but I doubt that makes me the owner.

Room Tip: If you have the option of the suite with the sunroom or the suite with the hot tub and sofa, take th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank xMidnightSolstice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hampton Inn Salem
#6 of 14 in Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 139 reviews
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Inn at Burwell Place? Share your experiences!