“I'd rather not eat” 1 of 5 bubbles

Famous Anthony's
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“I'd rather not eat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I hate to be harsh on a place, especially a local business, but I just cannot stomach eating at Famous Anthony's. Everytime I go the place is filthy, the food sub-par, and the service less than expected. The last time my family went, several of us became sick. It may have been coincidence but given what the dining area looks like sometimes, I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like. Wish I could support but I can't.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Rhonda S

Fredericksburg, VA
“Daily specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We got caught in a horrible traffic jam on I-81 coming home the Sunday afternoon after Thanksgiving. When Garmin took us on a detour, we ended up in Salem. We saw "Famous Anthony's" sign and decided to take a chance on it. We had the Sunday special, the all you can eat spaghetti and salad for $5.99. The salad was fresh and my husband got their homemade honey mustard with bacon dressing. He said it was very good. The spaghetti was tasty and came with a piece of garlicky Texas toast. Our grandson got a huge fried chicken sandwich which came with fries. The three of us shared two slices of deliciously rich Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. Amazing! The restaurant is large and clean and the service is friendly. Our meal was a good value and made getting back on I-81 tolerable. If you need a break around mp132, hop off the interstate and head to Famous Anthony's!

• Visited November 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“$5.00 CHILI BOWLS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went to F/A in Salem last night I had one of there $5.00 CHILI bowl speical it was very good. The one I got was The Idaho it came with Chili,baked potatoe,garlic bread all for just $5.00 plus tax. There are 5 different Chili bowl speicals to choose from. And all of them are $5.00. We wanted the Pumpkin spice cheesecake, but it was all sold out so we got a slice of the Strawberry cheesecake for us to share and it was good and a great price of $2.99.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
spain
“Free snickers desert!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We like individual diners & this was no exception, we both chose inclusive menus with salad & bread plus free deserts for a very reasonable price. both the food & service were very good!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank eileen j
Roanoke, Virginia
“Love Breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I usually go to Famous Anthony's on Saturday mornings for breakfast. Love it, especially the omelettes. Would recommend the Chicken Philly Omelette with sour cream and salsa. My fave. Always clean and friendly.

Visited July 2012

Been to Famous Anthony's? Share your experiences!