“Great place for take out” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
salem va
“Great place for take out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Food is well above average here and worth your time. Resteraunt like most chinese resteraunts is small and geared more torwards take out. The workers here are very friendly and the food is cooked when you order and very quick. You also do not have to beg them for an extra pack of duck or soy sauce here, they leave it out for you to get what you need which is a big thumbs up for them!!!

• Visited June 2012

Los Angeles
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I've ordered from here quite a few times and have had great food every time. There are tables inside to eat at, but the atmosphere isn't the greatest. That doesn't bother me though since I always just get the food for takeout. Also of note - they sometimes let the kids answer the phone and take the orders. Don't let this put you off.. I've never had an order wrong yet and it kind of just amuses me! I love the family attitude that everyone pitches in.

• Visited February 2012
virginia
“best value in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Tucked away in a small shopping center on West Main Street (Behind Awful Arthur's)
is a small, family operated Chinese restaurant that is clean and offers good food for modest price. Lunches are under $5. We usually like take-out but they do have tables.

• Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Great Chinese, thanks Trip Advisor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

On my way back home from a business trip, I decide to spend the night in Salem and I had a craving for Fried Rice. As with every trip I take, I checked trip advisor for a good Chinese restaurant. # 1 on the list was China Wok and after getting some take out I have to say I was not disappointed. As other members have stated, the decor is nothing special but the food which is the most important thing in my opinion did not disappoint. I wish my home town had a Chinese take out this good. If you are a Salem resident or just travelling through and want some great Chinese take out, give this place a try.

• 1 of 5 stars
Staunton VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

We moved to Salem about a year ago and had to find a local chinese restaurant to get our lo mein fix. After trying some really pathetic joints, we found paydirt.

The food is very good. Always well prepared - good ingredients. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

The dining in atmosphere is a little lacking (large flat screen tv constantly screaming ESPN), but the take-out terrific!

Been to China Wok? Share your experiences!